Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Small / Medium Creatures for "teachers" of bending
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2020 :  13:04:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, in Avatar, the benders all learned from other creatures HOW to affect the elements. Air benders learned from the sky bisons. Fire benders learned from the dragons. Earth benders learned from the gigantic badger moles. Water benders learned from "the moon" and from koi fish.

I'd like to do something similar, but I'd like the creatures to be much smaller and able to be interacted with by humans more easily. So, just as a for instance, instead of dragons, perhaps humans learned fire bending from a size small snake... a winged spitting firecobra…

Even if you have to make up the creature as to what it looks like, what comes to you as an idea for a creature to use in the other cultures? For instance, if the "water benders" have control over ice, I'm thinking a form of penguin that has some ability to control water and/or make ice could be interesting. They live in the cold, they swim, etc...

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2020 :  14:01:07  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd use creatures from the appropriate Elemental Planes.

Azer or salamanders for fire, perhaps, if not efreeti. All the other Elemental Planes also have a variety of exotic creatures, elementals aside. Pick one you like for each.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000