Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Orlgotha
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheOldGoat
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2020 :  20:18:39  Show Profile Send TheOldGoat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello All,
I am writing an adventure and want to use this city as part of my story. I have tried finding out information about it but it is real limited. Any maps or more detailed descriptions out there exist?

Thanks in advance!!!

The Old Goat

TheOldGoat
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2020 :  21:33:47  Show Profile Send TheOldGoat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or any theories on what it looks like?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2020 :  22:09:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's the city in the high forest then chances are it will appear in Eric Boyd's
upcoming work in that region. If he sees this he may give you a sneak peak. If not ask the question in the thread called Crown of Eaerlann

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheOldGoat
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  03:35:49  Show Profile Send TheOldGoat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I am new to this forum. Can you tell me where to find that thread you speak of please?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  03:37:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks to be fanlore. Where did you come across the name?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  03:42:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It looks to be fanlore. Where did you come across the name?

-- George Krashos

Ahh found it. It is indeed fanlore - Snowsblood's work. Here is a link if you want to see what he came up with but this is not "official":

Honkin' big link

Apologies for the mega-link.

-- George Krashos

Mod edit: Krash wasn't kidding about that being a mega-link... Cast shrinky link so it didn't make the page 5 feet wide.

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 May 2020 16:11:31
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  14:16:21  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite pdf's by Snowblood.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

TheOldGoat
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  15:48:46  Show Profile Send TheOldGoat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, that is amazing! Do you know how I can get in contact with Snowblood to ask for permission to use excerpts ? Thanks again!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  16:30:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheOldGoat

George, that is amazing! Do you know how I can get in contact with Snowblood to ask for permission to use excerpts ? Thanks again!!!

He has a profile on DeviantArt under the name phasai. I don't know if he's still active there, but it's a place to start.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  01:22:24  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm sorry, I am new to this forum. Can you tell me where to find that thread you speak of please?

Not Orlgotha, but if you're still interested in Crown of Eaerlann try these scrolls:

Crown of Eaerlann Teasers
and
Crown of Earlann?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  01:37:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

He's an Aussie and his name is Paul Simpson. You can track him down on socials. I know he's on FB.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000