Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ed Greenwood Responded to Me on Twitter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shawn Daniels
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  04:39:30  Show Profile Send Shawn Daniels a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’m sorry, just super excited, didn’t know where else to go. The information I got from him is as follows:
1) To write official content for D&D you have to get onto the team at Wizards, which is not easy.
2) To write unofficial things for D&D you just have to follow the guidelines and publish it through the DM’s Guild.
3) See what others have done at the gaming table and learn D&D first
4) HAVE FUN!
5) Right now Wizards is licensing out rights to publish novels in the Forgotten Realms, so I’d have to make a successful pitch.
6) Never abandon your dreams!
7) [In the novels] Everything has to fit, so expanding cosmology is going to be a tougher sell than a smaller-horizons story.

Those who destroy knowledge, with ink, fire, or sword, are themselves destroyed.

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  05:43:15  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've talked to him a few times! A little about naming conventions in the Heartlands, a lot about queer terminology within the setting.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Shawn Daniels
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  05:50:22  Show Profile Send Shawn Daniels a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

I've talked to him a few times! A little about naming conventions in the Heartlands, a lot about queer terminology within the setting.

There’s queer terminology? Huh... I would’ve thought it was completely just whatever, since you could be a special species or have magic make you however you want. For example, in Morse mythology, Loki was gender-fluid, and so I thought that was kinda the mentality we were dealing with here

Those who destroy knowledge, with ink, fire, or sword, are themselves destroyed.
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  06:42:11  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Daniels

quote:

There’s queer terminology? Huh... I would’ve thought it was completely just whatever, since you could be a special species or have magic make you however you want. For example, in Morse mythology, Loki was gender-fluid, and so I thought that was kinda the mentality we were dealing with here

You don't need to pursue physical transition to be trans, and there's a number of words for orientations, as well. We've had a big thread here: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23172&whichpage=1

Those talks are also where he told me that his Realms are one were the assumed default orientation is bi/pan, poly relationships are fairly common and not stigmatized, and "almost everyone" knows or has heard of someone who has magically altered their body, most commonly for gender affirmation.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Shawn Daniels
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  06:44:32  Show Profile Send Shawn Daniels a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Daniels

quote:

You don't need to pursue physical transition to be trans, and there's a number of words for orientations, as well. We've had a big thread here: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23172&whichpage=1

Those talks are also where he told me that his Realms are one were the assumed default orientation is bi/pan, poly relationships are fairly common and not stigmatized, and "almost everyone" knows or has heard of someone who has magically altered their body, most commonly for gender affirmation.

Makes sense

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000