Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ethnicities of the Eastern Heartlands?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  07:42:18  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This feels like it should be basic, but I'm struggling to find concrete info here; what are the main populations in Cormyr, Sembia, and the Dales?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  08:37:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chondathan will be your main ethnicity because that is the group originating in jhaamdath and they spread out to colonise cormyr and impiltur following its fall.

Later settlers from cormyr and impiltur ended up in the Dalelands after the fall of myth Drannor (and before I think)

And Sembia was controlled by chondath for a while.

Cormyr has a large tethyrian ethnicity in it as well.

The dalelands are likely to have a vaasan ethnicity as well but the only difference between moonsea populations and chondathan is that moonsea people have a significant netherese heritage.

That's all from memory though so I could be very wrong in places

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  08:39:29  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Heartlands? I guess mostly the typical Chondatans, and perhaps a few Illuskans. But if you're talking about the eastern Dales, then Nars, Mulan and Rashemi come to my mind.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  16:11:57  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe keftiu,

Here is a good link about it. You'll notice it does reference the Eastern Heartlands without other reference.

Master Zeromaru X is correct about Chondathan, but this information will direct you to other places as well as you may want to expand on it. :)

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Chondathan

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

This feels like it should be basic, but I'm struggling to find concrete info here; what are the main populations in Cormyr, Sembia, and the Dales?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  14:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Your best source on human ethnicities is Races of Faerun. A chart on pages 110-111 breaks out the populations of the Realms by ethnicity. This would likely have changed by the late 1400s - in particular I'd likely add 1% Shou to a lot of places along the Inner Sea, because the expatriate movement seems to have taken off hard.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  16:22:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Arivia,

You know, they don't even cite the chart on the site I just linked to, but cite to other pages specifically. Very odd. haha

Thank you for that addition!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Your best source on human ethnicities is Races of Faerun. A chart on pages 110-111 breaks out the populations of the Realms by ethnicity. This would likely have changed by the late 1400s - in particular I'd likely add 1% Shou to a lot of places along the Inner Sea, because the expatriate movement seems to have taken off hard.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2020 :  00:34:03  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Player's Guide to Faerun updated the tables in Races of Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2020 :  00:45:04  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Ah, fantastic. I didn't realize that.

Thank you for that update!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Player's Guide to Faerun updated the tables in Races of Faerun.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000