Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Are Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul dead?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  23:01:07  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure that if mortals can use long range telepathic communication, so can gods. On top of that, if they fear to have their messages deciphered, they could use some kind of code known only to their followers or whatever. Like it happens IRL.

Everything is better than bad communication if you have a goal and have to enact some kind of plan.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  01:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I'm pretty sure that if mortals can use long range telepathic communication, so can gods. On top of that, if they fear to have their messages deciphered, they could use some kind of code known only to their followers or whatever. Like it happens IRL.

Everything is better than bad communication if you have a goal and have to enact some kind of plan.

And there I see a big problem. Can you imagine having god as "operator" in your Realms? Any time hero wants to do a big action he would have constant hotline with his god saying "now go left, duck before trap. In second corridor move fast to the doors, they are open and in the room there are 3 armed orcs. Artifact I want is in the chest."

The same problem would be with any inconsistencies in church scripture - it would be immediately corrected.

There must be a reason why this is not happening. I do not have a good answer to that. I am just sure that gods do not communicate directly except for few rare situations (at least in my Realms).

About that lonely drow - imagine how happy would Lloth be if she can intercept such "help"...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000