Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Dread Court of The Midnight King
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2020 :  16:29:40  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I admire your patience, Wooly. I do not know how you keep making your SAN checks.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2020 :  16:44:56  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Kanchelsis appeared in 2e's Monster Mythology as an intermediate deity of vampires, blood, debauchery and magic, born when the intermingled blood of the Seldarine was corrupted by a malevolent god and achieved sentience. In FC1, he's downgraded to a footnote as a demigod, but in Dragon #359, he and a number of Monster Mythology deities were officially converted to 3.5e, and he's an Intermediate god again.

Thank you. The Wiki entry did not have very much information.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2020 :  17:29:50  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Actually, now that I think about it, the slow corruption of an Erevanite priest could be interesting. He wouldn't notice as his pranks get crueler, his appetites darker, as Kanchelsis offers the same domains the priest has from Erevan - Chaos and Trickery.

It's a slow burn, but the Folly of the Seldarine is a patient god, until one final moment, at the moment where the cleric's choice would have redeemed him in Erevan's eyes, the priest chooses differently.

Grinning, soaked in blood, the priest howls prayers to Erevan, not noticing as he slowly warps and changes, until the final moment where he looks upon the slumbering form of his newest conquest and takes that final step, that act of hedonism that damns his soul utterly.

At that moment, he realizes he's being watched by a tall half-elf nobleman, garbed in black and red, swathed in an imperious cloak with a lining so red it seems to drip blood.

"Welcome, my child. I've been expecting you."

I love the idea of Kanchelsis corrupting any cleric of the Seldarine. Thanks for your information on Monster Mythology deities.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2020 :  18:39:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a cool idea. Definitely going to have to kick that one around and see what comes to mind.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2020 :  02:24:41  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems our party just wrangled in a Lythari elf and inflicted her with the Werewolf Lycanthropy infection. Stats on her coming soon.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2020 :  07:07:54  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Braxathaxalill The Red: CG Lythari elf of Ardeep forest. CR; 20. Ranger 20 of Fenmeral Mesterine.

Frandiistyll Shadowoak: CN Dryad female of the Kryptgarden Forest. Druid 20/ Elven High Heirophant 10. Protector of the trees of NeverGard. Champion of the Midnight Grove. Gatekeeper to the realm of Arvandor. Feymound Guardian.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000