Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 FR's Characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  19:31:04  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I don't know if anything like this is on the forums yet, but here goes.
With the abundance of materials available for D&D now there are a variety of characters that can be made. When you add in prestige classes and bloodlines, well it can be hard to decide if you want to play a Wizard from levels 1-20, or if you want to have a Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster/Loremaster levels 5/5/5/5 with the intermediate Fey bloodline. So, give me your character concepts. It can be a first level character, or someone advanced out to level 20. Try to keep a FR concept in mind. Give their stats and even a background. For skills I would only highlight what they have a good bit of ranks invested in. Items and weapons only if they "make the (wo)man".

I want to see how this goes over before I post mine (since I don't actually have one with me at the moment).

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2004 :  21:51:34  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm....
I may be overreaching myself here.
Any ideas in keeping with this idea to make it simple and easy?

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  00:02:15  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My most favorite for a combat character is a Rogue. People underestimate me because most rogues cant hold their own in a fight. heres the build:
Human
Rog5/Ftr2/Sdw1
Feats:
Dodge
-Mobility
-Spring Attack
Combat Reflexes
Expert Tactician
Expertise
-Defensive Strike
Improved Initiative
Skills Maxed:
Hide, Move Silently, Tumble, Listen, Searh, Spot, Intimidate.
Combat Style:
My character likes to sneak around before combat, finding the place where he could do the most damage or get the best advantage. Then he sneak attacks strongest looking enemy,hit him hard with sneak attacks due to expert tactician and spring out of melee thanks to spring attack. Then he would normally win initiative(improved initiative) and jump back in to do another 2 sneak attacks and spring right back out. Then the enemies have to move into his threatened space provoking several attacks of opertunity due to combat reflexes. He looks for chances to flank opponents (for more sneak attack damage) or keeps springing in and out of melee. if worse comes to worse he activates expertise and whne the opponent misses he gets free attacks of opertunity.
Im nto sure what the combat reflexes feat is it may be lightining reflexes or something along those lines, i cant remember.
-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  06:56:58  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great idea my friend! This is why I love the Realms soo much because the sheer vastness of characterization! I'll post "Fletch" which is my personal favorite character and the one I use to role-play here.

Name: Warflechion "Fletch" Owlfeather
Class: Ranger 11/Deepwood Sniper 9
Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Diety: Solonor
height: 5'10"
weight: 145
eyes: green with gold flecks
hair: brown
skin: coppery green
Feats: Forester, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Far Shot, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wonderous Item
most important skills: craft (bonecraft), Listen, Spot, Search, Balance, Concentration
Animal Companion: Giant Owl, also his mount
Favored Enemies: Aberration +6, Outsider (Evil) +4, Magical Beast +2
Favored Item: Horned Hunter (Mighty Composite Elkhorn Longbow other abilities are secret for now I'm going to enter this item in an upcoming contest )
History: His mother is a high ranking druid of the High Forest. His father acts as somewhat of a diplomat between the Wood elves and Silverymoon/the Silver Marches. Fletch grew up in the forest learning the ways of a Ranger and of his people first and foremost. Later, through his father meeting with the Avariel diplomat, he met and fell in love with that Avariels daughter, Val an Avariel Bard/Spellsinger. They became married by traditions of both elven communities and now share a very deep Rapport always in constant contact with each others thoughts.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  16:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I was going to post Tsabrak Teken'ghym, the Shadowlord, but he's an epic level character (Trust me, it took my group literally around a year to reach epic levels, and we play every Saturday night). Still interested?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  17:11:31  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure.
Just trying to get an idea of different characters that other folks have made. I'm getting together my information on one that I have been working on the last few nights. An Ice Para-Genasi F/C/Rgr/Windwalker of Shaudakul. One thing that I find when I advance out a character is what works and doesn't. With a cleric of Shaundakul the favored weapon is a greatsword. With a ranger that counts out two-weapon technique unless you change his weapons. But, an Ice Para-Genasi takes a -2 hit to dexterity right off the bat (but the CON +4 is nice), so archery technique is not wasted, but not the best. So a Ranger/Cleric of Shaudakul basically has to pick between the two techniques for ranger at 2nd level unless he chooses to use 2 weapons over his greatsword.
More later.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  17:26:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Sure.
Just trying to get an idea of different characters that other folks have made. I'm getting together my information on one that I have been working on the last few nights. An Ice Para-Genasi F/C/Rgr/Windwalker of Shaudakul. One thing that I find when I advance out a character is what works and doesn't. With a cleric of Shaundakul the favored weapon is a greatsword. With a ranger that counts out two-weapon technique unless you change his weapons. But, an Ice Para-Genasi takes a -2 hit to dexterity right off the bat (but the CON +4 is nice), so archery technique is not wasted, but not the best. So a Ranger/Cleric of Shaudakul basically has to pick between the two techniques for ranger at 2nd level unless he chooses to use 2 weapons over his greatsword.
More later.

Para-genasi? I am not familiar with this bunch. Where can I find more info on them?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  17:38:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a genasi from a Para-Elemental plane, in this case of Ice. You can find their stats here.

Of course, it's very well possible Hammer is talking about something else. His genasi has +4 Constitution and -2 Dexterity, while the stats from the Roaming Genasi website give the modifiers as +2 Constitution and -2 Intelligence.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  18:39:50  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon magazine, but I don't remember which #. When I can get to it I will get you the number. Post 3.0 issue. It also had other Para-genasi such as Smoke, Ooze, Steam, Magma, and Dust.

Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  20:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked para genasi, It looks cool:))

My char is a bloodhound, well it is not played for a long time and all our game will be just a 10 or 12 sessions but I like myself.

Perago Witram (human)
1 ranger/ 3 fighter/ 5 bloodhound (he only gained 1 level in the game after 4 sessions)

Str:16
Dex: 17
Wis: 15
int: 13
Con: 12
Good stats, well not bad

Att: +14/+9 (keen longsword +2)
Ac: 20 (chain shirt +1, steel large shield)

Feats: dodge, mobility, improved trip, inproved initiative, expertise, spring attack, run, track

skills max: thumble, intimidate, gather info, wilderness lore, move silently

and he has his bloodhound abilities

Perago is form silvermarches and works there. He is a victim of nobody and simply serves justice catching the wanted and leaves the rest for the ones who wants justice. He seems ruthless but some occasions like his last catch depicts us that he has feelings. Now, in 1377, he is wandering with 2 innocent fugitives. One of them is a half elven girl Ariel whom Perago loves desparetely without admitting to anyone.

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  07:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Hmm, I was going to post Tsabrak Teken'ghym, the Shadowlord, but he's an epic level character (Trust me, it took my group literally around a year to reach epic levels, and we play every Saturday night). Still interested?

Yes, very much so! How about Graxx's write-up as well?

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

fye
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  11:56:43  Show Profile  Visit fye's Homepage Send fye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail adventurers! I have a great character (in AD&D, 2nd edition rules). He is a human male fighter, his name is Altan Raiser. He is 7th level.i played him for 4 years now! his abilities:
STR: 18/24
CON:15
DEX:15
INT:10
WIS:10
CHA:10

he has and a brother,a fighter too. His name is Kromin Raiser.He is 7nth level too.his abilities:
STR:18/64
CON:15
DEX:16
INT:14
WIS:10
CHA:14
Go to Top of Page

Cha0tic g0od
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  02:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Cha0tic g0od's Homepage Send Cha0tic g0od a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RogueAssassin

My most favorite for a combat character is a Rogue. People underestimate me because most rogues cant hold their own in a fight. heres the build:
Human
Rog5/Ftr2/Sdw1
Feats:
Dodge
-Mobility
-Spring Attack
Combat Reflexes
Expert Tactician
Expertise
-Defensive Strike
Improved Initiative
Skills Maxed:
Hide, Move Silently, Tumble, Listen, Searh, Spot, Intimidate.
Combat Style:
My character likes to sneak around before combat, finding the place where he could do the most damage or get the best advantage. Then he sneak attacks strongest looking enemy,hit him hard with sneak attacks due to expert tactician and spring out of melee thanks to spring attack. Then he would normally win initiative(improved initiative) and jump back in to do another 2 sneak attacks and spring right back out. Then the enemies have to move into his threatened space provoking several attacks of opertunity due to combat reflexes. He looks for chances to flank opponents (for more sneak attack damage) or keeps springing in and out of melee. if worse comes to worse he activates expertise and whne the opponent misses he gets free attacks of opertunity.
Im nto sure what the combat reflexes feat is it may be lightining reflexes or something along those lines, i cant remember.
-The Rogue

nice pc real nice

My mini list: http://maxminis.com/hwlist.asp?user=Cha0tic%20g0od
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  03:05:01  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice pc real nice

You have just made my day. Yeah ive played him on and off over my few short years of playing him and im constantly thinking about how to make him a more effective character the only problem is because people ow im a rogue they rely on me to disarm traps, gather info pick pckets and they just assume that im a theif. My character ates beign called a theif to the point that hell come to blows over it, in fact recently a bard(PC) called me a theif and i just up and left the tavern. Then since i wouldnt pick pockets for him he decided to do it himself and got caught and a big brawl fight involving several patrons and one very drunk barbarian insued, after gettin the crap kicked outta him for abut 10 minutes the bard decided the barbarian was to much for him and decided to run... not knowing that i had put a trip wire in front of the door(because i seem to have a little better foresight than him, and knew hed be running from that barb) he tripped into the dirt at my feet. Needless to say he needed alot of rest to heal from this and i just figured that my boot would put him right to sleep( and guess what? it did) Bah i kinda went off topic... talking about this character kinda gets me riled up.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  04:51:33  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The para-genasi are in Dragon Mag. #297. It introduces some general planetouched races for any campaign. They are the Axani - Lawful types, Cansin - Chaotic types, and then the para-genasi - dust, ice magma, ooze, smoke, and steam. All have +1 level adjustments.

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  05:33:04  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Caermon Sleetfoot is a follower of Shaundakul. Raised on the Savage Frontier, Caermon learned to fight at an early age. Moving to the "city" of Quarervarr after wandering the North, he joined a party of adventurers that included a follower of Shaundakul. He joined the followers of Shaundakul and learned the ways of the forest. He has recently walked the path of the Windwalkers in his travels, seeking out obscure portals to record and travel through so he can explore new lands.

Caermon F/Cl/Rgr/Windwalker 2/2/2/3 Ice Para-Genasi
Main weapons are his magic greatsword and his Composite Longbow "Frostbite" which shoots ice shards that deal an additional +1d6 points of damage to fire based creatures.

He has Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus - Greatsword, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Endurance, Weapon Focus - Composite Longbow, and Far Shot.

He has a high Constitution score of 22 due to his heritage that enables him to tough out a fight despite not focusing on melee or ranged combat abilities. Although he is only a level 2 Cleric of Shaundakul he gains 3 levels of spells from his Windwalker class making his spellcasting level 5. Also, his lowest max HP's per level are d8's so he has high hit points.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  05:41:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The para-genasi are in Dragon Mag. #297. It introduces some general planetouched races for any campaign. They are the Axani - Lawful types, Cansin - Chaotic types, and then the para-genasi - dust, ice magma, ooze, smoke, and steam. All have +1 level adjustments.

Ah, thank you for that info!

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  19:05:31  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.
Cansin are also interesting planetouched. Good thieves, but not too reliable in a pinch.

Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  20:56:00  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently, I have 3 characters wandering the Realms (in the paper version of the game. -I've got two more statted for pbem but haven't really played them yet.) I'll post one at a time...First my epic...and the one I have been playing the longest of my FR characters.

Evandele Galonodel of House Azuviir - CG Drow Female - Sor14/Clr9/DD2/MT6, purple eyes and silverwhite hair, worshipper of Eilistrae (sp?), Currently traveling with a male 1/2drow ranger/rogue of Larue, female Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm and male human/shade/tiefling(sortof-long confusing story) fighter/barbarian of Eilistrae.
Reader's Digest background - Del was born Menzoberrazan, didn't like it, left to surface, rescued an wood elf who took her into his adventuring group, traveled lots, met Ian (the 1/2drow), fell in love, began traveling together, met Rozehena and Raven. The four have, not neccesarily in any order...killed a Vampire (epic), killed a god (well sort of - banished more close?), destroyed a city (of Illithids), adopted white dragon wyrmlings (raising to be good), built a keep (Faith's Home) and now a town (Faithhome), been offered the chance to be basically "Chosen" & turned it down, and are now stuck on some other planet 999 years in the future trying to figure out how to get home. (Of course, there were a myriad of adventures in between. I have around 25 pgs of a journal written about this character and the journal didn't start until after the first several adventures.)
Personality - she is a drow matron - although her house is technically dead, she considers the 4 she travels with and the followers at the keep her house. She is haughty and proud.
She's got an affinity with fire spells and keeps a firestaff in a glove of storing just in case. Fighting wise - she tends to stay behind the others and shoot spells, but she also fights two-handed and carries a flaming rapier and dagger combination if she needs to get close. She has a psuedodragon familiar named Ember and rides a horse (a plain old warhorse) named Coal. In addition, she has cast Read Magic, Detect Magic and Tongues on herself permanantly. - Makes it much easier to communicate with all beings and, well...sort treasure quickly.

~Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  00:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely lovely character Fireheart

What classes are DD and MT?

Hopefully our PbEM campaigns will make our characters just as endearing

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  06:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think DD would be Divine Disciple. Devoted Defender doesn't sound like her at all. Dragon Disciple is another possibility, but I doubt it.

As for MT, I'm betting Mystic Theurge. Master Thrower doesn't sound right, and anyway that class has only five levels.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  15:48:24  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I think DD would be Divine Disciple. Devoted Defender doesn't sound like her at all. Dragon Disciple is another possibility, but I doubt it.

As for MT, I'm betting Mystic Theurge. Master Thrower doesn't sound right, and anyway that class has only five levels.

Actually, Master Bookwyrm, you last guess for DD quite correct. It was originally Dragon Disciple; however for story purposes (aka Ian didn't like dragons and well, he thought the little scales were weird...), so I gave up the prestige class. And yes, Mystic Theurge is also correct. Right now, I'm letting the Cleric levels catch up before I continue the MT levels (as best I can given the Epicness).

Thank you Wood Elf Ranger, I hope so too!

~Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  10:39:09  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My epic character, to follow my friend, Fireheart's, own epic character.

Rozhena Ashford-- Cleric29/Divine Champion4 of Torm
Perhaps the most "colorful" of my characters.... She originally hailed from the land of Cormyr, travelling with Raven, the party fighter, before meeting "Del" (the same character Fireheart posted above) and her lover, Ian. "Roze" as she became known to the group called Evandele Galonodel of House Azuviir "Del" because she had no chance in heck of pronouncing a Drow name as she didn't know Drow, much less many other languages which has hindered her some. Roze focused on the "removal of evil" aspect the most of Torm's doctrines as if to stamp out the evil she dealt with as a child. She was the one who slew Gargauth who'd taken over the body of Raven as an act of desperation (thusly killing Raven in the process). She knew that she could bring Raven back as she'd done in the past already. That proved unnecessary as his goddess, Elistraee, did that herself. She was quite "profane" in her response the first time she'd met Gargauth and he'd asked her to join him. That went over well..... as she first flipped him off and (tried) to Flame Strike him. She's not the most diplomatic of the bunch, leaving most of that to the Drow, Del. And also isn't too fond of knowing that bards sing of her, and the group's, exploits, thanks to Ian.

Rozhena has been known to toss quite a few Flame Strikes (her favorite spell, seemingly to complement Del's fiery spellcasting of her own...) and then literally throw herself in the middle of combat. I built the character first as a "battle cleric" and then started to focus a bit more on the spellcasting aspect of her with a few epic fighter-related feats thrown in there as well.

I also have abt. 20 so pages of journal entries written about this character. Started about a third of the way into the campaign.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  18:24:22  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never played a halfling or a gnome character. Does anyone have a good example of either?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  18:37:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have never played a halfling or a gnome character. Does anyone have a good example of either?

Nor have I... I like dwarves, but the other short folk have never caught my eye.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  04:08:23  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here's my PC from Sage's PBeM:

Rondell Rivenstone: Male rock gnome bard 6/cleric 1 (Baravar Cloakshadow); CR 7; Small humanoid; HD 6d6+18 plus 1d8+3; hp 57.5; Init +3; Spd 20 ft.; AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 18; Base Atk +4; Grp -1; Atk +5 melee (1d2s-1 MW whip) or +5 melee (1d3-1/19-20 MW dagger) or +9 ranged (1d4/x3, MW shortbow) or +9 ranged (1d3-1/19-20 MW dagger); SA spell-like abilities, spells, turn undead; SQ bardic knowledge +8, bardic music (countersong, fascinate, inspire competence, inspire courage, suggestion) 9/day, gnome traits, low-light vision; AL CG; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8; Str 8, Dex 14(16), Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16(18). Age 80, height 3 ft. 4 in., weight 44 lb.; Patron Deity Baravar Cloakshadow.
Skills and Feats: Appraise +9, Balance +5, Bluff +9, Concentration +9, Craft Alchemy +10, Craft Gemcutting +5, Decipher Script +7, Diplomacy +16, Disguise +19, Escape Artist +6, Gather Information +6, Hide +8, Intimidate +6, Perform (winds) +13, Profession Boater +2, Profession Driver +2, Profession Merchant +2, Sense Motive +6, Sleight of Hand +6, Speak Language +11, Spellcraft +7, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +11, Use Rope +5; Artist, Spell Focus Illusion, Rock Gnome Trickster.

Languages: Common, Gnome, Chondathan, Sylvan, Draconic, Goblin, Giant, Illuskan, Dwarven, Elven, Halfling, Orc, Terran, Undercommon, Gnoll.

Spell-Like Abilities: Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute); 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound**, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 14 (Caster level 3rd and DC 17 for Ghost Sound).

Bard Spells Known (7/4/3; save DC 14 + spell level): 0 -- detect crossroad, know direction, lullaby, mage hand, message, songbird; 1st – balagarn’s iron horn, expeditious retreat, harmony, silent image**; 2nd – invisibility**, mirror image**, silence**.

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/3; save DC 11 + spell level): 0 – create water, detect magic, detect poison, light, mending; 1st – sanctuary, *silent image**, summon monster I.

*Domain spell. Deity: Baravar Cloakshadow. Domains: Gnome (cast illusions at +1 caster level), Illusion (cast illusions at +1 caster level).

** +3 to DCs and caster level checks to overcome spell resistance, spell cast at +2 caster level.

Possessions: +2 studded leather, +2 light shield, masterwork whip, masterwork composite shortbow [-1], 20 arrows, masterwork dagger x3, cloak of charisma +2, gloves of Dexterity +2, wand of cure light wounds (50 charges), hat of disguise, 4 potions: undetectable alignment, endure elements, protection from law, shield of faith +2. (Rondell also has an assortment of mundane gear and MW tools, already taken into account in the skill modifiers shown above)
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  14:42:33  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid I've never really statted Sarelle out - the campaign I used her in died when the DM left the area, and I was very new to D&D then anyway. Sarelle was a Wizard 6 when the game ended. However I've developed her loads, over time, and at a certain point in her life she is part of the Warriors of Life - eight epic-level heroes, including her original two companions from the first adventure.

This is how I represent her before RPs (rather than D&D games):

quote:
I don't really want to give away too much about Sarelle - I prefer her as an enigma, but her bio is too long anyway.

Some choice facts about her are:

Name: Sarelle Darksun (from a dead, rogue Drow house - if you want to know how much it has to do with Cyric then roleplay with her)
Sex: Female
Race: Drow
Eyes: Turquoise (an anomaly caused by non-drow heritage)
Hair: Black (another anomaly, unknown cause)
Skin: Silver-Black
Class: Wizard/Druid/Ranger
Familiar: Elé, a black cat
Likely First Impressions: Sad, aloof, dreamy and paranoid
Possessions: Long Sword (Bastard Sword), Mage Robes, Peculiar Drow House Insignia

Sarelle has been on the surface for a while. She is slow to trust and quick to jump to the wrong conclusions after all the people she knew and loved on the surface world betrayed her. She adores the bright nature of the surface world and became a druid to protect it and become one with it. She is fascinated by magic of all kinds. She worships Eilistraee and has been priveleged enough to meet the goddess' avatar, though it is unclear how Sarelle is granted druidic spells. Elé, her familiar, is utterly faithful as one would expect, and also fervently loves the Dark Maiden. Sarelle also has other animal and magical beast friends, that others rarely encounter. Her time in the Underdark is shrouded in secrecy as the Darksun House name is almost unknown. Sarelle is obviously connected to Cyric in some way, though.

If she had to be statted out, she is supposed to end up being something like a Wizard20/Druid10/Ranger5/Sword Dancer5 of Eilistraee - but that is just assumption about the end of her career. The stage in her life when I role-play her, she would more likely be something like: Wizard12/Druid5/Ranger1 of Eilistraee, or maybe less powerful.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 20 May 2004 14:44:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000