Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Druid Titles in Faerun (Specific to Selune)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sorrows_Fall
Acolyte

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  15:58:05  Show Profile Send Sorrows_Fall a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find canonical titles for Druid ranks in Faerun.
In particular, I'm trying to find titles for Druids of Selune.

All leads are good leads. Please let me know!
Thanks.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  16:07:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Selūne isn't really associated with druids, that I'm aware of. I just checked Faiths & Avatars, and it didn't mention her having druid servants.

Most druid orders are specific to a deity that explicitly covers nature.

That said, the referenced tome does include this bit, on page 136:

quote:
Selūnite priests use a wide variety of titles, but novices (not yet full priests) are always known as the Called, and human females tend to dominate the ranks of the more powerful clergy. Typical Selūnite titles (in ascending order) include: Touched, Enstarred, Moonbathed, Silverbrow, Lunar, Initiate, and High Initiate. All of these titles are followed by #147;Priestess/Priest.#148; Those titles that follow these in rank tend to begin with "#147;Priestess /Priest of the#148;" and end in some form traditional to the individual temple or shrine the priest is affiliated with. It must be stressed that outside of Waterdeep and other larger city temples, many departures from these forms of titles will be found. The elite specialty priests of the goddess are known as silverstars.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sorrows_Fall
Acolyte

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  16:17:36  Show Profile Send Sorrows_Fall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with your analysis...but there seem to be some exceptions to the rule:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Nymarrath

So I wonder if Druids were an ancient order prior to the rise of the formal clergy...
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  16:18:00  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Player's Guide to Faerūn for 3.5 edition gave Selūne druid followers via its Initiate of Selūne feat (clerics, druids, and rangers are able to take it, while hathrans were removed in errata). It's odd but not impossible, and the Selūnite church takes near anybody.

Given what a jumble the membership and hierarchy is, Selūnite druids would be treated as regular priests, and have the same titles, as Wooly quoted. And I wrote up for the wiki here:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Church_of_Sel%C3%BBne#Organization

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

Sorrows_Fall
Acolyte

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  16:19:22  Show Profile Send Sorrows_Fall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BadCatMan...thank you. This is outstanding. Exactly what I needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000