Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Eaerlann Teasers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2020 :  17:20:48  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, if Renewal of the Covenant includes the adventure we are currently playtesting, it will include a ton of adventure. We can't finish up the Halls.....
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2020 :  03:40:55  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>Set in the High Forest

.. I have seen this thread around for months and never cracked it open and took a look up until now. I need to pour through this long thread, because I'm desperate for High Forest info for my 5e games.

Edit: "In the depths of the clear, teardrop-shaped, smooth-surfaced gem was the image of a ghostly gold elf wizardress clad in diaphanous robes. Holding the gem in a bare hand revealed the wizardress’s name to be Clarata and that she could grant the spell-like abilities of healing touchMoF, plane shift, scrying, sending, and telepathic bond."
... Huh. I always wondered what trinket number 72 in the PHB was inspired by. XD
Is this a "King's Tear" or something of the sort? My party found trinket 72 (silver teardrop earring made from a real teardrop) on a chunk of ruined Netherese structure deep underground and now I'm feeling like making it something serious.. Or are tear-drop gems just a common trope in D&D? Now I'm hooked. Every trinket has to be some sort of reference..
Going to keep reading through this thread, but I expect to get distracted by random things like this left and right... Amazing thread so far from what I've seen.

Edit 2: ....is there anything on Elven Port in your work that you'd like to tease? An insane young Fey'ri has a sliver of a chance of leading my 5e party into Elven Port in the year 1487 and I will have nothing but a handful of paragraphs to pull from for it. New and old lore on the region is always exciting for me, especially concerning House Dlardrageth's stragglers. I considered having a wounded Vaerilmor Floshin get sacrificed to a cult of Ghaunadaur later that year inside that one "tower" that 3rd edition mentions, and am ever curious about him and his family's history..

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Edited by - PattPlays on 13 Aug 2020 03:55:18
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2020 :  16:49:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PattPlays

>Set in the High Forest

Edit 2: ....is there anything on Elven Port in your work that you'd like to tease? An insane young Fey'ri has a sliver of a chance of leading my 5e party into Elven Port in the year 1487 and I will have nothing but a handful of paragraphs to pull from for it. New and old lore on the region is always exciting for me, especially concerning House Dlardrageth's stragglers. I considered having a wounded Vaerilmor Floshin get sacrificed to a cult of Ghaunadaur later that year inside that one "tower" that 3rd edition mentions, and am ever curious about him and his family's history..

Crown of Eaerlann is set in 1374 DR, so its relevance for an adventure set in 1487 DR is limited.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2020 :  17:07:59  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Gairackdar
Founded in the Year of the Immured Imp (604 DR), the Realm of the Wild Hunter survives today in the southwestern reaches of the High Forest, albeit much in reduced in strength, in lands long claimed by elf and orc alike.
Gairackdar is made up of orcs, half-orcs, and hunthorns (see page 260), whose ancestors settled the southwestern High Forest after migrating there as part of the Hunting Horn Horde. The current tribes of Gairackdar include the Bloody Eye, Horned Lord, Iceshield, Sharpspike, and Tanglethorn tribes. The Horned Lord, Sharpspike, and Tanglethorn tribes have resided in the abandoned Siluvanedenn city of Lothen of the Silver Spires (see page 79) since the Year of the Thirsty Sword (900 DR), while the Bloody Eye and Iceshield tribes have traditionally dwelt in small villages along the western verge of the southwestern forest. (Other tribes of the southwestern woodlands who lived closer to the Unicorn Run included the Gory Tusk, Grisly Sword, and Helmcrusher tribes, but they were all wiped out in recent decades by organized hunting bands of wood elf warriors at the direction of the Caerilcarn.)
The only city in this orc-ruled kingdom is Lothen of Silver Spires, built by the gold elves of Siluvanede, abandoned after the fall of Ascalhorn (see page 46), and then settled by the descendants of the Hunting Horn Horde in the Year of the Thirsty Sword (900 DR). The hunthorn kings of Gairackdar have long claimed all the territory west of the Unicorn Run and south of the Lost Peaks up until the forest’s edge, but the orcs have only ever controlled the westernmost reaches of the southern forest, demarked by scattered stone statues of fallen hunthorn kings. In recent decades, those borders have contracted even further, in the face of unrelenting attacks by the Tanavandor (see page 104).
The orcs of Gairackdar (known as the Gairackdarnaar) are unusual in that they venerate a corrupted aspect of Oghma’s servent, Herne, the Master of the Hunt, whom they call Herne the Wild Hunter. Legends suggest a fey marshal (a corrupted master of the huntMM5) led the Hunting Horn Horde into the High Forest centuries ago, and his descendants—an orc-fey hybrid race known as hunthorns who make up the Horned Lord tribe—are the traditional leaders and priests of Gairackdar. Herne was slain during the Time of Troubles and is now simply an aspect of Malar the Beastlord. Orcish shamans of the Wild Hunter lead their followers in savage hunts that range across the forest floor.
Traditionally the Stag King of Gairackdar is is a hunthorn of the Horned Lord tribe. In recent years, the Stag King has ruled from bloodbone throne of Uruth (see page 237), after it was captured from a caravan en route to Herald’s Holdfast in an ambush near the town of Nesmé in the Year of the Shadows (1358 DR). The current Stag King has fallen under the sway of the fey’ri of the Khov’Arvyndae (see page 89), who have begun to extend their control over the orcs of Gairackdar, transforming them into an army capable of wreaking havoc throughout the High Forest.

Eric, in another one of your posts you mention the Elkhorn horde erupting in 900 DR in the Dessarin Valley, the same year the Hunting Horn horde descendants settle in the High Forest, in the above realmslore. Are these two hordes related, I wonder with the similarity of names location and time.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000