Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Myth Adofhaer: How far did it travel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  20:59:02  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
According to the Grand History of the Realms, the elven city of Myth Adofhaer travelled into the future to escape association with the Fey'ri. Does anyone know how far it travelled?

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  22:11:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

According to the Grand History of the Realms, the elven city of Myth Adofhaer travelled into the future to escape association with the Fey'ri. Does anyone know how far it travelled?

I don't believe it has returned, yet.

Of course, there's nothing saying it hasn't returned already, and is either so well-hidden or so distant that no one knows about it (if they could move thru time, moving to another geographic locale shouldn't be an issue).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  00:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the city moved through time, then there's a possibility that the mythal enabling its disappearance was affected by the collapse of the Weave or the Second Sundering.

Maybe it's floating around in wildspace somewhere? :D

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  01:56:31  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Given the state of things, if they have the ability to peek in on the "present", I know I wouldn't return. There might have been a window with the Elven crusade and all of that, but with the Spellplague happening only a few years after and everything...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  04:27:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

If the city moved through time, then there's a possibility that the mythal enabling its disappearance was affected by the collapse of the Weave or the Second Sundering.

Maybe it's floating around in wildspace somewhere? :D

It depends on how you spin the time travel thing... You could assume that it exits one time, and simply doesn't exist until it pops back into another one -- so wasn't affected by anything going on, because it basically didn't exist whilst anything was happening.

It's like a teleport. You start at point A, and suddenly you're at point B -- without having to actually visit all of the points in between.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  05:47:22  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you apply the time travel mechanics from the 2nd Edition "Chronomancer" supplement, time becomes a demiplane. So pulling a city out of time is really no more difficult than pulling a city into the demiplane of shadow (Shade Enclave), for example. The City then exists outside of the time stream, but able to interact with it.

Perhaps they are the ones that hit the RESET button after 4th E :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000