Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Myth Adofhaer: How far did it travel?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowsoul Posted - 15 Jan 2018 : 20:59:02
According to the Grand History of the Realms, the elven city of Myth Adofhaer travelled into the future to escape association with the Fey'ri. Does anyone know how far it travelled?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 05:47:22
If you apply the time travel mechanics from the 2nd Edition "Chronomancer" supplement, time becomes a demiplane. So pulling a city out of time is really no more difficult than pulling a city into the demiplane of shadow (Shade Enclave), for example. The City then exists outside of the time stream, but able to interact with it.

Perhaps they are the ones that hit the RESET button after 4th E :P
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 04:27:31
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero

If the city moved through time, then there's a possibility that the mythal enabling its disappearance was affected by the collapse of the Weave or the Second Sundering.

Maybe it's floating around in wildspace somewhere? :D

It depends on how you spin the time travel thing... You could assume that it exits one time, and simply doesn't exist until it pops back into another one -- so wasn't affected by anything going on, because it basically didn't exist whilst anything was happening.

It's like a teleport. You start at point A, and suddenly you're at point B -- without having to actually visit all of the points in between.
Lord Karsus Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 01:56:31
-Given the state of things, if they have the ability to peek in on the "present", I know I wouldn't return. There might have been a window with the Elven crusade and all of that, but with the Spellplague happening only a few years after and everything...
Storyteller Hero Posted - 16 Jan 2018 : 00:26:53
If the city moved through time, then there's a possibility that the mythal enabling its disappearance was affected by the collapse of the Weave or the Second Sundering.

Maybe it's floating around in wildspace somewhere? :D

Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jan 2018 : 22:11:20
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

According to the Grand History of the Realms, the elven city of Myth Adofhaer travelled into the future to escape association with the Fey'ri. Does anyone know how far it travelled?

I don't believe it has returned, yet.

Of course, there's nothing saying it hasn't returned already, and is either so well-hidden or so distant that no one knows about it (if they could move thru time, moving to another geographic locale shouldn't be an issue).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000