Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms as a TV series.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2018 :  08:00:44  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Wooly Rupert
I'm not sure that a Kickstarter could draw in that much money... Though, admittedly, most of what I've paid attention to on Kickstarter has been game-related or occasionally tech-related.

As compared to Axanar which generated millions on kickstarter. Obviously because many Star Trek fans wanted it enough and donated enough to make it happen. Until it was killed by CBS/Paramont - the legal "owners" of the Star Trek franchise.

Given their past kneejerky sledgehammering behaviours, why should we expect Wizbro would act any differently when confronted by a multi-million-dollar fan production based on "their" IP?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2018 :  18:32:12  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Realms would excel in episodic format, that allows for differing lengths of story arcs.

Here's hoping Netflix grabs the rights if Hasbro sells

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page