Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Where was the Imaskari Godswall Ritual performed?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  01:36:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In another thread, I was just wondering something about the Palace of the Purple Emperor being moved by Ususi to roughly on the map where Skuld would have been and Skuld somehow being more easterly (and other things like Mourktar are apparently still in the realms in 4e <at least some portion> but more westerly). As I noted there, it was ALMOST like the movement of the Palace of the Purple Emperor into Mulhorand had some kind of ripple effect on the surrounding lands, loosening them. Given also that Ususi is an Imaskari and probably doesn't care for the Mulan people (deep down) maybe she chose to transfer there as something akin to revenge (their people after all have "vengeance takers"). Also, given that Nezram arrives and suspects this exact same thing... maybe he's not incorrect.

That made me wonder.... HOW does the Palace of the Purple Emperor move? Does it maybe somehow traverse through Abeir in the way a shadow walker walks through the shadowfell to move quickly across the world?

I've also wondered if the Imaskari Godswall that they stood up to prevent the Mulan gods entering realmspace wasn't actually built, but more "extended" from Abeir. That made me think.....hmmmm, where was that ritual performed? I'm kind of thinking MAYBE it was performed in the Palace of the Purple Emperor... the capital of Imaskar. Seems like the most obvious place maybe? So, what happens when the centerpoint of this powerful ritual that affected the entire crystal sphere.... shifts....

Throwing it out. Think on it. Come back with ideas.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  02:19:23  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have to take into account the Spellplague in this equation. According to "Undead" (novel), the Spellplague made the land "rumble, heaving up and down like the surface of the sea." Seeing even time was rewritten by the Spellplague (FRCG, p.50), I can see the displacement of those lands as part of the Spellplague as well.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  08:37:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no doubt of that. I just wonder how much of the spellplague was Mystra's dying... and how much were other things falling into place. I think we place too much emphasis on the one event, and I think it was more like a series of multiple reactions that had to be set off. However, to the lay person they saw "Mystra died and the spellplague happened". For instance, could Ususi's move have happened say 2 weeks before or after the spellplague? Maybe she did it to flee something else and we have the story wrong?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  09:53:32  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Canon, we only know that High Imaskar was founded "after" the Spellplague. We have no way to know how much "after" is that after.

However, we know that the effects of the Spellplague lasted for ten years (The Wailing Years), so, there is plenty of time for Ususi to move the PotPE, and that all the "wibbly wobbly" effects were part of the Spellplague nonetheless.

The Spellplague is actually the high suspect here, because we have seen its actual effects (and we know the Spellplague is a defective Weave powered by Cyric's own madness, that also was magnified by a Far Realm portal—that's why the Abolethic Sovereignty was interested in the Spellplague: it was their stuff all along).

While, the PotPE has moved before (and potentially, afterwards. Now that we know is movable, I doubt the Imaskari would have left it for the Mulhorandi to plunder), without any rare effect. So, even if the PotPE has something to do with it, was because of the Spellplague, not because something in the PotPE.

As for the Godswall, dunno. There is nothing in Old Empires or Lost Empires that says how they did such a feat

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 26 Jul 2017 10:12:32
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  22:53:24  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Purple Palace = Skyclave?
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2017 :  23:24:03  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and not.

From FRCG:

"Vast and imposing, Skyclave is the seat of the Empress and the Body of Artificers, Planners, and Apprehenders. The great tower is many-windowed and sprouts hundreds of secondary spires flush with the main mass. It includes the partly restored and relocated Palace of the Purple Emperor."

So, Skyclave is a new building that includes the Palace.

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  00:41:49  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, so when the Imaskari fled, they likely had to leave the rest of Skyclave behind then. The Purple Palace can be relocated, but Skyclave might be more difficult.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  01:15:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Canon, we only know that High Imaskar was founded "after" the Spellplague. We have no way to know how much "after" is that after.

However, we know that the effects of the Spellplague lasted for ten years (The Wailing Years), so, there is plenty of time for Ususi to move the PotPE, and that all the "wibbly wobbly" effects were part of the Spellplague nonetheless.

The Spellplague is actually the high suspect here, because we have seen its actual effects (and we know the Spellplague is a defective Weave powered by Cyric's own madness, that also was magnified by a Far Realm portal—that's why the Abolethic Sovereignty was interested in the Spellplague: it was their stuff all along).

While, the PotPE has moved before (and potentially, afterwards. Now that we know is movable, I doubt the Imaskari would have left it for the Mulhorandi to plunder), without any rare effect. So, even if the PotPE has something to do with it, was because of the Spellplague, not because something in the PotPE.

As for the Godswall, dunno. There is nothing in Old Empires or Lost Empires that says how they did such a feat

Agree, I think the spellplague started. Ususi probably moved the PotPE afterward, and MAYBE it was at that point that we started having these "transfers" between the two worlds happen. So, the spellplague sets up the "magic is wonky" part, then maybe the moving of the PotPE gives the shove.

Now, onto a second part.... Never read the abolethic sovereignty stuff. What's this about them being involved with the weave and Cyric's madness???

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  01:17:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Ah, so when the Imaskari fled, they likely had to leave the rest of Skyclave behind then. The Purple Palace can be relocated, but Skyclave might be more difficult.

Also, did they flee or did something from the Sundering "kick them back to their previous location". Just saying that from an outsiders perspective, that may have looked like them fleeing.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  01:29:22  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SCAG say they fled to either the Purple Dust or to other planes (p.12) and also that they were "forced into exile" (p.111).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000