Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Last names of the Zulkirs before spellplague
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11704 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2017 :  15:32:46  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey,

Are there documented anywhere the last names/surnames of the various Zulkirs that were around just prior to the spellplague that I may have missed. For instance, I know in the Simbul's Gift they delved into Lauzoril's family, but I don't recall them listing his family's name. The one's I'm specifically looking for are

Mythrell'aa (and yes, I know they've spelled her name 3 ways)
Lauzoril
Yaphyll

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11704 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2017 :  16:45:44  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
actually, may have just found a last name for Lauzoril. In the Simbul's gift it calls him Lord Tavai. Though that could be an alias, since it specifically says he tries to hide his home from the other Zulkirs, especially given his tendency for subterfuge. Its been kind of interesting doing all this research on things that I read so many years back.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  07:43:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with Tavai. I'm sure that either Yaphyll or Mythrell'aa had a surname in the sources (I'll check when I get home).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  13:04:09  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They might be (but I doubt surnames are) in Richard Lee Byers' Thay series that documents Tam's rise over his fellow Zulkirs. I don't have them handy, however.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  15:59:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mythrell'aa's surname is Vianul ("The Simbul's Gift", p.77).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11704 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  16:30:49  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Mythrell'aa's surname is Vianul ("The Simbul's Gift", p.77).

-- George Krashos

Thank you George. Not sure if this is the quote you found, but your giving me the quote helped me find this entry on the web from the Simbul's gift (just in case anyone else ever tries to search on this stuff later).

"Fine ash and cinders, black as the starless Bezantur sky visible through arrow slit windows, trickled through the elegant fingers of Mythrell'aa Vianul, Zulkir of Illusion, mistress of Serpent Tower. "

I've been doing a lot of going back and reading old novels (just reread unclean, star of cursrah, and read the entirety of the old Maztica trilogy for the first time), guess I should put this on the pile. I remember devouring it quickly years ago, but the plot itself escapes me. The part that really stuck with me was that the Simbul's ex-love was involved and it really gave a look into Lauzoril (which I loved.... Lauzoril has always been my favorite Zulkir)

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2017 :  00:52:08  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still one of my favorite Realms books. Lynn Abby got Thay (her other Realms book not as good IIRC).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000