Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Expanded Psionics handbook pieces...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  05:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WotC has posted some new pieces from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Excerpts:
Races Chapter, The Soulknife, Feats and Skills,
Powers, including the changes to intellect fortress, Gray Glutton.

Art Gallery

Wallpaper and Screensaver

Thoughts?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  14:18:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thoughts...?...Hmmm...this tome is a definite improvement over the old Psionics Handbook.

I know we've only been presented with a little preview material (both online, and in Dragon), but I've been really impressed with the revised psionics system we've seen so far.

As well as that, I'm more than a little intrigued by some of the gallery images that illustrate the PrCs from the book. I'm looking forward to making extensive use of that material.

The Dromites look interesting too...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  16:43:34  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excited!!

I'm playing a PW in a FR campaign now and can't wait for the revised version. The changes that they've hinted at, make it seem much easier to be a PW in a "normal" party.

I like some of the new powers and the races look amazing.
Some of the new pictures are really exciting as well.

-Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2004 :  20:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The more I see, the more I'm impressed. A much better revision, I say. I wait for the day it's available with great anticipation.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  03:41:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a semi-related note, I've been rattling my bones, striving to find plot ideas that could help me POP the (Skinner/Marrow-inspired) 'Osteomancer' class from Dragon #317 into one of my campaigns...

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Apr 2004 03:50:42
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  05:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been reading up about a certain power included in the new 'Psionics' book that allows a PC to 'graft-a-weapon' to his/her body. Does anybody know anything about this?.

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  07:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

I've been reading up about a certain power included in the new 'Psionics' book that allows a PC to 'graft-a-weapon' to his/her body. Does anybody know anything about this?.

Sounds like Body Weaponry from Psionics section in the 1ed PHB

Basicly you could turn your arm into a long sword. How works is best illustrated in the movie Terminator 2, when the T1000 kills John Connors stepfather

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  04:11:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FRP Games and RPG Shop Online are both offering this product for sale now. Thus, it should be in stores by now or just about to come in.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  08:07:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and here's hoping that WotC Australia has no further problems with their advanced orders.... I should have mine, sometime next week.

I'm still in disbelief with having to wait for so long for my (pre-ordered, mind you) copy of PGtF...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  17:10:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
I'm still in disbelief with having to wait for so long for my (pre-ordered, mind you) copy of PGtF...

Are you still waiting for it?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  04:32:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed Sirius, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my copy of the PGtF.

Although, I've been assured by the Australian WotC distributor, that the shipment arrived last Wednesday, so my copy should be arriving any day now...

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  08:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes indeed Sirius, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my copy of the PGtF.

Although, I've been assured by the Australian WotC distributor, that the shipment arrived last Wednesday, so my copy should be arriving any day now...

and you believe Walrus?

They are more dishonest that Cyric

Rule Number 1: Order all your stuff from stores in the US why? It will be cheaper and in all likelyhood you get it quicker than local retail

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  13:20:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not always been the case Dargoth, in fact up until these events with the PGtF, I'd never had a problem with the distributors that I use.

In most cases, I receive new gaming products several days before they are released in the US. For example, I'd had the Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey arrive on my doorstep six days before it's official US release date. The only real problem of course, is the lack of other gamers to discuss the new tomes with.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  17:03:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
and you believe Walrus?

If you folks from Australia are going to keep using code names, let the rest of us know some of them. Cyric? Walrus? For all we know you could be plotting a siege against Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  23:15:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...How long had you been waiting to make use of the 'laughing' emoticon Sirius...?

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  00:07:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm...How long had you been waiting to make use of the 'laughing' emoticon Sirius...?

A mere fraction compared to how long I've been waiting to use this

which I quickly put to use the first time in another scroll.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  04:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
and you believe Walrus?

If you folks from Australia are going to keep using code names, let the rest of us know some of them. Cyric? Walrus? For all we know you could be plotting a siege against Candlekeep.

Walrus is the name of the Distributor WOTC AU use in Australia

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  15:30:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who use Psionics in their Realms campaign, WOTC has posted errata for the Psionics handbook.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  14:10:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that link, Sirius.

This is one errata file that I've been anticipating...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000