Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Any resources for plotting a journey?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SABERinBLUE
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  19:47:26  Show Profile Send SABERinBLUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm going to be doing a writeup for my party on a journey we went on before the campaign started. 5e. I'm sure I can apply the travel paces in the PHB to a properly scaled map, but before I start doing that I just wanted to make sure that there aren't any web apps or other resources that would make the process a good deal easier or faster. I've done some poking around online, but I know that often this kind of thing tends to be spread around by word of mouth. Anyone know of anything?

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2017 :  19:58:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you can get your hands on a copy of the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, there was a tool in there where you can plot distances between points.

If you are any good with Photoshop, or a similar program (MS Pain might work), you can literally 'pick-up' the map scale off the page (by copying it and then pasting it back in), and rotate it around to do your figuring - I do this ALL THE TIME.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000