Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Current status of Spirit Soaring
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SABERinBLUE
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  06:06:25  Show Profile Send SABERinBLUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Last I heard Cadderly was still doing laps around it. Has anything changed in that regard? My party will be passing by the place soon.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  08:00:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last I heard - which was at the tail-end of 3e - Cadderly was still alive, but since he was a chosen of Deneir, and something happened to Deneir (I can't quite recall the details), he may not be alive in 5e (however, Deneir should be back with all the rest, so you never know).

His wife Danica could still be alive in 5e, regardless, because she was a very powerful monk, and IIRC the final level of monk grants you some sort of immortality.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  12:23:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Last I heard - which was at the tail-end of 3e - Cadderly was still alive, but since he was a chosen of Deneir, and something happened to Deneir (I can't quite recall the details), he may not be alive in 5e (however, Deneir should be back with all the rest, so you never know).

His wife Danica could still be alive in 5e, regardless, because she was a very powerful monk, and IIRC the final level of monk grants you some sort of immortality.

You just don't suffer the effects of aging anymore. They still die of old age.

At 15th level, your ki sustains you so that you suffer
none of the frailty of old age, and you can't be aged
magically. You can still die o f old age, however. In
addition, you no longer need food or water.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

SABERinBLUE
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  16:17:55  Show Profile Send SABERinBLUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Deneir tried to "write himself into the Weave," whatever that means, to try to fix the Spellplague and it didn't work. We are told by wotc that he's just back these days. That would seem to suggest that his greatest cathedral might be ripe for renovations, but j can't find anything about that.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  16:26:12  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We don't anything about the current whereabouts of Cadderly, even though Deneir is bacl.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  17:03:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since that is (one of) Salvatore's 'stomping grounds', its highly unlikely they'll say anything about it, unless we get a new novel about those characters and/or place (which is also pretty unlikely).

I should have a re-release of my Shaareach map up at some point today, and if you couple that with the Five Shires one I just completed, you'll have the whole of Erlkazar and the region those stories took place in (the stories themselves took place entirely in the area shown on the 5shires map, but you'll need the second map for most of Erlkazar). The conversion map even has all the locales taken directly from the maps in the novels.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

You just don't suffer the effects of aging anymore. They still die of old age.

At 15th level, your ki sustains you so that you suffer
none of the frailty of old age, and you can't be aged
magically. You can still die o f old age, however. In
addition, you no longer need food or water.

There's normal D&D rules, and then there is RAS rules...

Everyone knows that, silly.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Jan 2017 17:13:48
Go to Top of Page

SABERinBLUE
Acolyte

30 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2017 :  18:12:20  Show Profile Send SABERinBLUE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I actually got in touch with Bob about this, and he confirmed for me that it's as he left it after the events of Ghost King as far as he's aware. So thanks, Bob!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2017 :  23:02:14  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cadderly is A ghost now. At least the last I read.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000