Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Running a game in Chondath
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2016 :  15:49:30  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm running a game in Chondath using the 1e Realms Encyclopedia, the 2e expansion of Vilhon Reach, and the Pathfinder RPG ruleset. The game is set in the Year of the Prince.

I have still yet to decide on what to do with the Doge of Arrabar. The Wizard that runs Arrabar. Should I let the PCs kill the Doge when they get powerful enough? Or set up his downfall, and let him kill himself?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2016 :  17:16:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do both. Let him set up some plan that if successful, will greatly benefit him -- but if it gets thwarted by those meddling kids the PCs, it blows up in his face and causes his downfall (and possible death).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2016 :  22:26:12  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you can't kill a level 22 wizard easily. I will think on doing both.

Edited by - EltonRobb on 05 Nov 2016 23:54:58
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2016 :  02:15:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't have a copy of my Vilhon Reach map, and would like a copy, let me know. I don't want to re-post my old stuff on DeviantART, but I could Email it to you.

You could also use the Five Shires conversion map I did (pasting it over the Gulthmere), if you were so inclined. Some of Chondath is 'off the map' on that one (not much, though). And its a MUCH nicer map, with more details.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  02:59:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check this information out from Ed right here at the 'Keep:

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/rumors/rumor5.htm

It should help your campaign immmensely.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  04:31:20  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

If you don't have a copy of my Vilhon Reach map, and would like a copy, let me know. I don't want to re-post my old stuff on DeviantART, but I could Email it to you.

You could also use the Five Shires conversion map I did (pasting it over the Gulthmere), if you were so inclined. Some of Chondath is 'off the map' on that one (not much, though). And its a MUCH nicer map, with more details.

Thanks for being so gracious with your maps. I think I'll need the Vilhon Reach map in due course. The campaign is a play-by-post campaign. So far three [url=http://paizo.com/campaigns/TheHeroesOfChondath/gameplay&page=last]players responded.[/url] A fourth will respond in due time.
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  04:35:08  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Check this information out from Ed right here at the 'Keep:

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/rumors/rumor5.htm

It should help your campaign immmensely.

-- George Krashos

Thank you, I'll read it tomorrow morning.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  08:22:25  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If memory serves there was quite a bit about the region in Polyhedron.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  16:34:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EltonRobb

Thanks for being so gracious with your maps. I think I'll need the Vilhon Reach map in due course. The campaign is a play-by-post campaign. So far three players responded. A fourth will respond in due time.

PM your Email and I'll send them off.

Also, you have to put the Url in " " for the link in the BB coding for it to work right. Candlekeep is a bit quirky in this regard.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Nov 2016 16:35:29
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2016 :  17:02:43  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by EltonRobb

Thanks for being so gracious with your maps. I think I'll need the Vilhon Reach map in due course. The campaign is a play-by-post campaign. So far three players responded. A fourth will respond in due time.

PM your Email and I'll send them off.

Also, you have to put the Url in " " for the link in the BB coding for it to work right. Candlekeep is a bit quirky in this regard.

Pm sent off. And it's been a long while since I posted here. Thanks for the reminder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000