Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Consolidated Timeline
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kalos72
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2016 :  23:01:37  Show Profile Send kalos72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if there is one consolidated timeline for FR some where?

I am spending alot of time piecing together parts from multiple sources and its getting old.

Thanks!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2016 :  23:19:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalos72

Does anyone know if there is one consolidated timeline for FR some where?

I am spending alot of time piecing together parts from multiple sources and its getting old.

Thanks!

Well, there's The Grand History of the Realms, which was originally a pdf compiled by our own Brian R James. (The original pdf is no longer available; he had to take it down when he sold it to Wizards)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 30 Oct 2016 23:20:30
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  00:11:42  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have many links to comprehensive histories, chronologies, and timelines for the Realms (and other worlds). Sadly, most of these are now dead. Here's a few which are still online:

Forgotten Realms Library: Chronology (maintained by the legendary George Krashos and others)
GMWestermeyer's A Spelljammer Timeline [Revised]
This What year are the classic 1E2/E adventures set? scroll
This Chronology of the Realms scroll
This Roll of Years to 2163 scroll

I may be able to extract and recover more such material from my haphazardly disarrayed offline archives, if needed, though not necessarily in a prompt fashion.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 31 Oct 2016 00:19:37
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  00:20:00  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're looking info about the current era, the best info I've found comes from Lirdolin's scrolls here at the Keep.

Overall Timeline from 1450:
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19630&whichpage=1

Waterdeep status:
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21050

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

kalos72
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  01:50:56  Show Profile Send kalos72 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping for something that covered say all the fan work for the ancient civilizations like Earlann/Aryandaar (-30000 DR-ish) Empires and the like through to the current 1450-1500 times. Might be alot to ask. :)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  03:05:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalos72

I was hoping for something that covered say all the fan work for the ancient civilizations like Earlann/Aryandaar (-30000 DR-ish) Empires and the like through to the current 1450-1500 times. Might be alot to ask. :)

It was a massive undertaking to find and organize all the canon material. Tracking down and doing the same to the oft contradictory fan material? That's an even bigger tasking.

You're better off picking one person -- like Snowblood -- and going from there, rather than trying to incorporate the insane amount of fan material out there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  06:34:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one to the Spellplague. Not that keen to bother with post that event. I have toyed however with doing an "Impiltur after the Spellplague" timeline and bringing that realm back from what they did to it for that event. Might be something to do for the next GEN CON Candlekeep Seminar ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  15:38:53  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done a consolidated one that incorporates some fan work (our own Dazzlerdal's timeline for the Moonshaes, for instance, as well as the Northern Journey Project's timeline events), and will try to incorporate some other stuff (the stuff that Phasai did on the elves and dwarves of Faerūn). But what Wooly said is basically very correct - it is hard to incorporate fan material without making choices. I've already had to make some choices as to what to consider applicable or not.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2016 :  15:50:38  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think i might cry.

I copy all events into my timelines but colour code them based on canonicity.

So sourcebooks get priority (lower editions first)

Anything by ed, george, eric, steven, etc comes next.

Then comes the magazines like dungeon and dragon and polyhedron. Obviously lower numbers get priority.

Then come the novels.

Finally comes the fan made works.

It can never hurt to have enough info and ideas. so get them all but make sure you can pick out the better informed ones at a glance.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page