Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5e spell concept - Temporary Cantrip Knowledge
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2016 :  20:20:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
As I was writing something in another thread, the following idea popped in my head. I see it as a spell that should be able to be used by wizards, bards, and sorcerers. For sorcerers using a relatively high level spell slot (say 4th-6th lvl) and the extended spell metamagic ability, this could essentially give them access to an additional 4-6 cantrips at pretty much around the clock. I also wouldn't see a problem with maybe some new cleric domains, druid circles or warlock patrons having this (or a variation that say limits the cantrips to elemental effects, etc...) in it.

Temporary Cantrip Knowledge
1st level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V,S
Duration: two hours

The caster of this spell gains the ability to cast a cantrip of his choice from a spell list that they have access to for the duration of this spell. This cantrip must be a cantrip that they have either seen cast previously OR have seen some form of magical documentation detailing its casting. This cantrip is in addition to any other cantrips that the caster knows.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a
spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the caster temporarily both learns an additional cantrip from a spell list that they have access to and the duration increases by two hours for each slot level above 1st. Thus, a spellcaster who casts this spell using a 4th level spell slot would temporarily learn 4 new cantrips for a duration of 8 hours.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 06 Oct 2016 20:30:54
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000