Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Heresies - Throw me your Maztican/Faerunian ones
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  13:54:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I am working on something, and what I want to stress in it is that over the past 100 years, the Faerunian meets Maztican meets Mulhorandi pantheons has raised a LOT of questions, confusion, and well, heresies. Throw me down your spins on things (note my focus is on Faerunian deities that disappeared and/or died during or just prior to the spellplague).

1st premise: Kossuth and Tezca are the same being and they are the sun itself. The various sun deities other than these two are false gods seeking to steal the worship due Kossuth/Tezca. Those that believe this worship the deity as Tezcossuth
2nd premise: Sun Father, Intiri, Lathander, are all the same powerful primordial being, and they are the true sun god.
3rd premise: Annam is Virachoa. Mama Carocha is Annam's deceased wife. Stronmaus is Intiri. The linking of Virachoa/Mama Carocha to the Maztican deities Kukul/Maztica is simply incorrect.
4th premise: All of the deities of the Maztican Pantheon are actually transferred primordials who should have been in Abeir. When Coton sacrificed himself to stop Zaltec/Qotal from coming to the world, his action actually sent Zaltec and Qotal back to Abeir and not to an outer plane. However, they are still able to interact with their worshippers in this world due to certain holy artifacts and/or places which still connect them to Toril.
5th premise: Ubtao of Chult is actually either Qotal or Kukul, depending on the viewpoint of the person being talked to.
6th premise: Tezca is Kossuth, Plutoq is Grumbar, Azul is Istishia, Eha is Akadi
7th premise: Zaltec is Malar or Gruumsh or Vaprak the Destroyer
8th premise: Zaltec is an Earth/Fire related Primordial
9th premise: Zaltec is Bazim-Gorag, Lord of the Pandemonium Stone.
10th premise: Talos is a primordial, much like the elemental lords. He simply commands multiple elements.
11th premise: All the gods are primordials. In fact, Savras is embodied by the Sunstone Caldera. Were it to be destroyed, so would he. Those mortals which supposedly raised themselves to divinity, such as Velsharoon, were simply absorbed by a primordial to empower themselves.
12th premise: All the gods of Maztica are simply dragon deities which have turned to humans for worship.
13th premise: Auppenser is a dragon god known as Sardior who has begun to gather human followers again.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  17:54:02  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a few heresies i think for my maztica articles. The only one i can remember was linking one of the gods to quorlinn but i think i did an evil god to a good one.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2016 :  21:29:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My big Maztica one is that the Maztican pantheon IS the draconic pantheon, under aliases to be worshiped by humans (which makes perfect sense if you consider that Maztica was probably part of Abeir originally - their whole 'True World' mythos).

IIRC, there was only one that wasn't a good fit.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Sep 2016 21:30:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000