Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Batrachi Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  01:26:09  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Were the batrachi originally subterranean dwellers? As such, did they possess dark/infravision?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  02:36:53  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AFAIK Batrachi were amphibious frog-like creatures officialy so their main atribute would be that. They might have darkvision/infravision as many creatures do if it make sense to you. I personaly think of batarchi as waterborn creatures who started conquering dry land. So many of them would be aquatic only and only portion amphibious or fully aclimated to life without water.

If you look at Bullywug or Sivs and power them up that might be very close to what batrachi might have been like.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  01:17:35  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I've read somewhere that they were sea-dwelling octopuses at first, and to explore the lands of the Realms some made a ritual and turned into amphibian frog-like creatures. I'm not sure if this story made into canon, though.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  01:47:07  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

I think I've read somewhere that they were sea-dwelling octopuses at first, and to explore the lands of the Realms some made a ritual and turned into amphibian frog-like creatures. I'm not sure if this story made into canon, though.

Yeah, that was something someone at the keep originally developed, but yeah, I don't think it ever became canon. Look for Gray Richardson's article in Candlekeep Compendium Volume 3.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000