Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Batrachi Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fellfire Posted - 25 Aug 2016 : 01:26:09
Were the batrachi originally subterranean dwellers? As such, did they possess dark/infravision?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 01:47:07
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

I think I've read somewhere that they were sea-dwelling octopuses at first, and to explore the lands of the Realms some made a ritual and turned into amphibian frog-like creatures. I'm not sure if this story made into canon, though.

Yeah, that was something someone at the keep originally developed, but yeah, I don't think it ever became canon. Look for Gray Richardson's article in Candlekeep Compendium Volume 3.
Barastir Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 01:17:35
I think I've read somewhere that they were sea-dwelling octopuses at first, and to explore the lands of the Realms some made a ritual and turned into amphibian frog-like creatures. I'm not sure if this story made into canon, though.
Wrigley Posted - 25 Aug 2016 : 02:36:53
AFAIK Batrachi were amphibious frog-like creatures officialy so their main atribute would be that. They might have darkvision/infravision as many creatures do if it make sense to you. I personaly think of batarchi as waterborn creatures who started conquering dry land. So many of them would be aquatic only and only portion amphibious or fully aclimated to life without water.

If you look at Bullywug or Sivs and power them up that might be very close to what batrachi might have been like.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000