Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Fall of Eryndlyn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kryose
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  03:09:09  Show Profile Send Kryose a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Good evening & Well met!

In my journey to find out all that is,was or could have been about the Drow city Eryndlyn, I have come upon the same answer to a lot of my questions; and that would be to make them up. Maps of the city do not exist & very little is written across 4.5 editions. The one place I haven't looked are the books written by R A Salvatore concerning the Silence of Lolth. So the question I am wondering about is this; When does the Lolth plateau of Eryndlyn get sacked by the clergies of Vhaeraun & Ghaunadaur? The reason being, I am running a Drow campaign & trying to piece together a timeline of the fall of Ched Nasad & Eryndlyn.
Heck any additional info on Eryndlyn would be great, but alas I fear I have searched most sites, blogs & forums came up with very little.
TY in advance.

Edited by - Kryose on 24 Jun 2016 03:12:19

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  06:39:44  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Plateau had already collapsed but the remains were still a warzone by the end of Marpenoth 1372 DR (60 days after the Silence started on 28 Eleasias), with the city's Lolth faction practically all dead and the Vhaeraunites and Ghaunadans turning against each other. At roughly the same time, Menzoberranzan had just finished putting down its slave rebellion featured in Dissolution.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 24 Jun 2016 06:54:45
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  06:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It happens during the Silence of Lloth, sometime in the second half of 1372 DR. And "fall" is not really the right word. The city is still there. It's more like the conclusion of a civil war. The city had been divided into three factions for centuries. The Silence just gave the followers of Vhaeraun and Ghaunadaur the edge they needed to take over the Llothites. And, given the way drow inter-house wars work, I imagine most of the Llothite drow survived and were absorbed into the victorious sides. It would only be the clergy and the nobles that were purposely exterminated.

So, short answer: second half of 1372 DR. Info taken from Grand History of the Realms.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  06:56:00  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just pipped you to the post there Hoondatha.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  15:10:49  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we were writing at the same time.

Where are you getting a collapse of the plateau, though? The only thing I've read makes it sound like a standard attack by the other two sides?

Go to Top of Page

Kryose
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2016 :  20:39:02  Show Profile Send Kryose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for more insight into this. I too would like to know about the plateau collapse.

On a side note, I believe I have found a website about Eryndlyn but alas its in French, well I think its French, not 100% sure. http://eryndlyn.aforumfree.com

I'm in the process of trying to find a translation application, but nothing yet.

There is also a map of the surroundings of Eryndlyn Underdark. Fan made but still interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Kryose
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2016 :  21:18:11  Show Profile Send Kryose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well upon further review, the French website is a purely fan-based site on Eryndlyn & its surroundings. The actual map of the city , I feel, is inaccurate based on any scant details given in previous books. The nugget of info I found though was a map of the surroundings detailing tunnels,towns,outposts, cities & such. I think I can easily integrate this into my campaign with a few changes & adjustments.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  00:07:25  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Where are you getting a collapse of the plateau, though? The only thing I've read makes it sound like a standard attack by the other two sides?

It was in the City of the Spider Queen Web Enhancement.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2016 :  06:28:36  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. Thanks for the reference.

I think you're mis-interpreting it, though. The WE says: "The western plateau of the city, once controlled by the Lloth faction, lies in ruins still contested by the other two factions." That, to me, doesn't mean that anything happened to the plateau itself, geologically. It's still there, though probably with a few extra craters. It's the buildings on the plateau that are ruins. The rock itself is still there and can be built upon later.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000