Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Map of Thay
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KismetRose
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  17:37:44  Show Profile  Visit KismetRose's Homepage Send KismetRose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You can imagine my pleasant surprise when I typed "Thayan Name Generator" into google on a whim and actually found one, and a really marvelous one at that. I set up an Excel sheet to generate like 5000 random names using your generator and selected the good ones for my map.

It was such a relief to not have to come up with names for hundreds of villages. I've done it before on other projects, and it's exhausting and the results just get worse and worse as I go. So thank you, really, a great deal for your help on this project. I hope that, in return, my work is helpful for you as well.

-Rob

Actually, I was hoping to ask: Can I see that spreadsheet? Would it be okay if I made it available and credited you? It's the kind of thing I didn't have the time to do (and then forgot about) and would love to have and offer.

And yes, I'll definitely be keeping your map in mind when I get back to building more in Thay. =)

Kismet's Dungeons & Dragons * World of Darkness * Gamer Gathering
Go to Top of Page

HandsomeRob
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  17:57:51  Show Profile  Visit HandsomeRob's Homepage Send HandsomeRob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KismetRose

Actually, I was hoping to ask: Can I see that spreadsheet? Would it be okay if I made it available and credited you? It's the kind of thing I didn't have the time to do (and then forgot about) and would love to have and offer.

Sent you a PM. Go ahead and use it; no need to credit me, it's all your work anyway.
Go to Top of Page

KismetRose
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  21:26:14  Show Profile  Visit KismetRose's Homepage Send KismetRose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sent you a PM. Go ahead and use it; no need to credit me, it's all your work anyway.

Oh, thank you! I've gotten it all linked up and I have no problem giving you credit and pimping your map, in the process. =)

And I have a question: Will you be creating a legend for the dots and such on the map? We were noticing that clusters seem to indicate your ideas for the populations and/or spreads of cities, but wanted to be sure.

Kismet's Dungeons & Dragons * World of Darkness * Gamer Gathering
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2016 :  00:11:43  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good HandsomeRob...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  03:33:01  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How would one go about getting this thing printed without ruining the map?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  03:43:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, HandsomeRob, if you're still nosing around, I was looking over your world map as it extends into some of the unknown areas. I was wondering about a scattering of islands northwest of Katashaka. You had one named Farhaven, a string of them named "The Wakaloni Islands", and another small string of them called the "Lopango Payos" which has a city named San Gaustino. I was wondering does ANY of this have any actual realmslore to go with it, do you recall? I want to stick to canon as much as I can, but I really am infatuated with these islands right now.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000