Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 A flying D&D playable race from a mag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2016 :  22:28:25  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm trying to remember a flying D&D creature i saw in a (I think)90s D&D Magazine (Dungeon or Dragon). The Magazine had untraditional playable races, non "human ish". The race was humanoid, with wings. The head looked strange, non fantasy ish, maybe taken from some other franchise. I think it wasnt a converted Traveller 'Droyne', but they probably looked closer to them than anything with a normal face.
Sorry for my rambling, but, anyone with a clue what I remember?
The article mentioned a place in Forgotten Realms they probably could be found, btw.

TBeholder
Great Reader

2371 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  02:13:31  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it on the list?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  02:37:15  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aarakocra or something like that by any chance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aarakocra

5e seems to have had a field day with these guys... the new art looks very cool.

Edited by - Purple Dragon Knight on 05 Apr 2016 02:40:26
Go to Top of Page

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  12:45:49  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure how good my memory is, but no feathers, and no scales. An odd head, long like an anteater, no hairs as far i remember.
Could it have been the Byahkee from Lovecraft's mythos? The number had a Picture of one of the Creatures sitting in a bar along with at least a character, i think.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2371 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  13:12:44  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked up Droyne, but it's something like an imp with better horns, or satyr with wings.
Anyhow, there were lots of them.
Also, look under 'Races, PC:' - there are some absent on the general monster list.
Do you remember which version of D&D it was?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 05 Apr 2016 15:11:54
Go to Top of Page

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2016 :  16:56:52  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Version? Advanced D&D 2. edition.
Edit: Must have been 1994 - 1996.

Edited by - Starshade on 05 Apr 2016 17:12:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000