Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Calimport
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  01:52:01  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

Is there anything on Calimport in other supplements that hasn't been said in the 'Calimport' resource?
I know of 'Empires of the Sands,' and I'm sure there are others that include Calimshan (any new 3e supplements out there or coming?), but I wonder whether all that is needed on the city itself is contained within the booklet by Steven Schend?

In addition, Steven, if you read this, is there any information of Calimport of yours that never got in? Perhaps some tidbits on the Muzad?

I wrote that quite a while ago and have had two hard drive crashes in the interim (actually within the past 2 months alone). Thus, any notes I had left over re: Calimport are most likely dust in the wind...

That said, what I was able to cram into CALIMPORT wasn't even as much as Ed got into FR1 Waterdeep & the North on Waterdeep with less pages. So, the quick answer is "Gods no, that's hardly scratching the surface of what's at play in Calimport. It's only what's in print and or what we could glean from those sages who survived reaching us with their lore."

Off the top of my head, here are the factions that are in play across the City of Qysars....

the Syl-Pasha and his family and their retinue;

the previously ruling and powerful families;

the Church of Shar (which probably holds as much covert power as the two above groups combined);

The Twisted Rune (which, in its own arcane ways, influences as much as all three groups above);

and of course, don't forget the street level stuff that's more than likely going to distract PCs from bothering the big guns with their witless heroics....unless you're looking to join the rebellion that's smuggling halfling slaves out of the lesser cities--because most escaped slaves that try to flee via the Muzad are known as "walking sacrifices" (Can't find my arabic dictionary to muddle up a translation) and more apt to be blooded on an altar of Shar's (or one of her sham godly aliases, like Ibrandlin).

If we're going to talk more and brainstorm, do me a favor and let's move this discussion to my group, eh?

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  02:18:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

Is there anything on Calimport in other supplements that hasn't been said in the 'Calimport' resource?
I know of 'Empires of the Sands,' and I'm sure there are others that include Calimshan (any new 3e supplements out there or coming?), but I wonder whether all that is needed on the city itself is contained within the booklet by Steven Schend?
Don't forget also, the 2e Empires of the Shining Sea boxed set, which greatly expands upon most of the pre-existing material on Calimport and its environs published in the original sourcebooks.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Jun 2005 02:19:54
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  03:18:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

I wrote that quite a while ago and have had two hard drive crashes in the interim (actually within the past 2 months alone).

Any luck with my suggestions on the recent one, or have you continued to be too busy?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6652 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  07:19:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Project Alpha draws him ever deeper into the vortex of "no time for anything else"!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2005 :  22:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And only to donīt let this without be spoken, I think that Calimshan/Calimport deserves a 3.5 sourcebook. Soon. Weīre all orphans of a 3rd edition Jeff Grubīs Arabian Adventures.....

Chosen of Moradin, dreaming with an "Year of the Explorer" in the WotC, when we will see three 320 pages Campaign Expansions: Maztica, Kara Tur and Al Qadin...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2005 :  02:07:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Chosen of Moradin, dreaming with an "Year of the Explorer" in the WotC, when we will see three 320 pages Campaign Expansions: Maztica, Kara Tur and Al Qadin...
I'm not so much dreaming of a 3e update for Maztica, but an update for both Kara-Tur and Zakhara would definitely be neato!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000