Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Mundane Items Every Adventurer Needs...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bulak
Seeker

17 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2016 :  08:36:23  Show Profile Send Bulak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac
While they are not "items", henchmen are useful. They can protect the base camp while the adventurers are exploring the nearby ruin, dungeon, or whatnot.

You're right of course, I was just joking.
On a similar note, donkeys (or other animals of the appropriate size and weight) make excellent trap detectors.

Another useful item: a (small) mirror. You can use it to look around corners, for long distance signaling in the right cirumstances, to trick a medusa, and to check if your haircut survived the last battle.

Edited by - Bulak on 17 May 2016 08:38:34
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Learned Scribe

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  19:56:40  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77 I'm kinda sad now we are approaching 9th level so much of the travel will drop off.

Hmm… what happens to your PCs at level 9 that prevents them from traveling much any more? Do they all suddenly get the Teleport and Fly spell?? Or does the DM decide to bestow them each a Skyship at level 9?

I once GM'ed a Traveller campaign. When the PCs got to a certain experience level where they all could afford to purchase (expensive) Grav Belts… they essentially never walked any more. They used the grav belts to fly at will.

Edited by - moonbeast on 19 Jun 2016 19:58:39
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4280 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2016 :  22:54:48  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

quote:
Originally posted by Cards77 I'm kinda sad now we are approaching 9th level so much of the travel will drop off.

Hmm… what happens to your PCs at level 9 that prevents them from traveling much any more? Do they all suddenly get the Teleport and Fly spell?? Or does the DM decide to bestow them each a Skyship at level 9?

I once GM'ed a Traveller campaign. When the PCs got to a certain experience level where they all could afford to purchase (expensive) Grav Belts… they essentially never walked any more. They used the grav belts to fly at will.

Well is some games, reaching 9th level the PCs gain followers and tend to need to set up a domain of some kind. Once a PC has a tower, a guild, tower, glade, or a temple their obligations change. They have territory to protect.
Clearly not all PCs gather followers or establish a base of operations.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000