Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2016!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  20:30:11  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Earlier today, my family and I took care of purchasing our badges for GenCon this year. Who all will be able to attend this year if all goes well? I'm excited to meet more of you if possible, and meet back up with my new friends from last yea!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  21:10:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm planning on going (as is my friend who still hasn't carried out his threat of signing up here). I didn't realize tickets were on sale, though -- hadn't seen any notification.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  21:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to hold his characters hostage if you DM for him!

I believe that the badges went on sale starting at 11 this morning Eastern Time. I tried posting links, but being on my tablet kind of throws that off, sadly...

I did find this link late last night, and I thought it rather interesting. Once you look it over, does this mean that Wizards won't be there this year at all? I'm rather looking forward to free items because of Curse of Strahd being released this March, and some of you know that I'm quite the Ravenloft fan. I was also looking forward to having my PHB signed by Mr. Mearls and Mr. Crawford.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/where-you-can-find-dd-team-2016

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  22:29:38  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I believe that the badges went on sale starting at 11 this morning Eastern Time. I tried posting links, but being on my tablet kind of throws that off, sadly...

I did find this link late last night, and I thought it rather interesting. Once you look it over, does this mean that Wizards won't be there this year at all? I'm rather looking forward to free items because of Curse of Strahd being released this March, and some of you know that I'm quite the Ravenloft fan. I was also looking forward to having my PHB signed by Mr. Mearls and Mr. Crawford.

Baldman Games will be there, just like last year, but I'm not crystal clear on whether Mearls or Crawford will be there.
I won't be able to go this year, sadly. But I'll be there next year, unless something cataclysmic happens. Have fun, guys, and I'll miss seeing all of you.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2016 :  23:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

Baldman Games will be there, just like last year, but I'm not crystal clear on whether Mearls or Crawford will be there.
I won't be able to go this year, sadly. But I'll be there next year, unless something cataclysmic happens. Have fun, guys, and I'll miss seeing all of you.

I'm sorry to hear that, my friend. Brynweir and I were looking forward to seeing you and your lady again at this year's GenCon. Our little girl is getting so big! A for 2017 if we make it, it'll only be for the weekend because of school. I really wish they could make the dates more school calendar friendly.

I'm hoping that they make it, but I'll be keeping an eye out as we get closer to the date. No sense bringing my books if I can't have them signed. I will look forward to having Curse of Strahd signed, though.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  16:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there, co-running the CK Seminar per usual. And other things.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  18:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Cheers

Very nice! Will you be running any events that we'll want to keep an eye out for?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  22:47:15  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alas, I won't be going this year. But I will be supporting the CK Seminar when the GoFundMe gets going.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  23:22:34  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear that, Ashe. The high point for me last year was getting to meet and spend time with you, Wooly, and Delwa. I hope to see you at next year's GenCon then, if I'm able to attend. The dates don't work out well for the first week of school where I am, sadly. If I'm able to attend, it will likely only be a weekend pass, but that's better than not going at all, right?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  00:44:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the theme for the CK seminar is indeed "villains" this year, I'll have to see what I can come up with for a handout ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  12:53:56  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sorry to hear that, Ashe. The high point for me last year was getting to meet and spend time with you, Wooly, and Delwa. I hope to see you at next year's GenCon then, if I'm able to attend. The dates don't work out well for the first week of school where I am, sadly. If I'm able to attend, it will likely only be a weekend pass, but that's better than not going at all, right?

Definitely! And I am going to make it next year come hell or high water. 50th Anniversary of GenCon and the 30th of the Grey Box!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  07:08:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Very nice! Will you be running any events that we'll want to keep an eye out for?

I'm running a couple sessions of my Mass Effect game, and I'll be on Writers Symposium panels, and I should really get on that Realms Modern campaign I've been meaning to run...

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  10:32:50  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also planning on going in the next year. 50th Anniversary of GenCon, the 30th of the Grey Box, and my 25th of (A)D&D.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  11:10:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because I'd never signed up for the newsletter, I didn't get this news until after I'd secured a cheaper, non-downtown hotel:

They're not offering shuttle service this year.

It looks like the hotel is offering shuttle service, but I'm going to be double-checking that.

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  12:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it helps, the Holiday Inn Express in Greenwood, Indiana is a very nice place to stay, and they don't mind D&D sessions in the breakfast area at any time of the day. I saw many games ran there with different groups. It's also where we'll be staying again this year. :-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2016 :  20:46:54  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I will be there again this year. I am also more than happy to provide my photography services again and will gladly share all of the photos with everyone.

-Travis
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2016 :  01:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angerZen

My wife and I will be there again this year. I am also more than happy to provide my photography services again and will gladly share all of the photos with everyone.

That is very considerate of you, thank you.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2016 :  15:03:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a choice of either going to Gencon this year, or going to Pennsic instead. It was a no-brainer for me; no-one I was interested in meeting with at Gencon, and two of my sons and my bro-in-law are fighting in the war.

I'll take live-action mayhem-ery over P&P games any day.

And to be honest, I really only go for the wenches... I do so love me some wenches.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Mar 2016 15:04:45
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  17:56:33  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Enjoy the con, all, and count on seeing Kathryn & I again next year :)

"Say nice doggie, but keep looking for a rock..."
~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  22:28:30  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is it? It always falls during a time I can't go. Plus, I'd likely be going by myself, so...

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2016 :  02:38:46  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up my tickets today, and I look forward to seeing all of you again in just a few months!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2016 :  02:53:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my ticket to the Candlekeep seminar!

We doing a bar gathering again? I liked that place last year -- I discovered pineapple cider there, and I've been drinking that and my regular Irish cider since then!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000