Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dungeon Masters Guild & FR OGL
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2016 :  22:19:38  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My primary question for now, although I'm sure that I'll have more regarding this in the future is this:

Are the module/adventure/monsters/what-have-you submissions to (and published via) the Dungeon Masters Guild going to be considered canon to the Forgotten Realms?

It does seem that such would be unlikely to me, but I don't have a great deal of experience in this particular area so I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Edited by - sno4wy on 13 Jan 2016 22:20:06

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2016 :  22:22:27  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They won't, of course (imagine if everyone could alter the FR as they please, or all the continuity problems...), unless they catch WotC's attention, as works worthy to become official.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2016 :  00:00:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering that it's pretty much "you wanna write something, go for it!" I don't see how it could possibly be canon... But I do think that WotC is going to be keeping an eye on things really closely, and things that prove popular may get official sanction or distribution.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2016 :  00:41:09  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking too, but I've seen some f***ed up things happen, so I try not to assume. >_>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000