Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Arilyn Moonblade novels..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

briar37
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  17:18:04  Show Profile  Visit briar37's Homepage Send briar37 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Could someone tell me the order of the books that include Arilyn? I believe the order is Elfshadow, then Silvershadows, and then The Dream Spheres. Can someone confirm this order and tell me if there are any others?

Currently Reading:
"Sojourn" by R.A Salvatore

Next Book:
Don't Know yet

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  20:12:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfshadow by Elaine Cunningham
Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Silver Shadows by Elaine Cunningham

Feels like I'm missing one here?...... It's been awhile (the last time was when they first appeared as the harper series. :)) since I read them but I know that is how those three go together....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Teflon
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  20:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Teflon's Homepage Send Teflon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about ThornHold? Wasnt that one?

In any battle, the mightiest weapon is one that strikes unseen.

A Warrior or Wizard may be invincible in open battle, with their foes before them, but even they must sleep sometime, and cannot parry the knife that comes from behind.

-The life of a assassin.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  21:14:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Elfshadow by Elaine Cunningham
Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Silver Shadows by Elaine Cunningham

Feels like I'm missing one here?...... It's been awhile

That's the order with The Dream Spheres added on as the last book. For a full listing, see Mrs. Cunningham's order books section on her web page http://www.elainecunningham.com/Order%20Books.htm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  21:18:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Teflon

What about ThornHold? Wasnt that one?

I believe the ubiquitous Danilo made a cameo in that novel, not Arilyn. Additionally, Arilyn was in some anthology stories and some stories in Dragon magazine.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2004 :  21:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still disappointed that Ms. Cunningham won't be releasing an Eliath Craulnober solo novel.......I believe she said that the good folks at WOTC just weren't interested....

grrr....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  03:36:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

I'm still disappointed that Ms. Cunningham won't be releasing an Eliath Craulnober solo novel.......I believe she said that the good folks at WOTC just weren't interested....

grrr....

Sigh, I know. I know. Perhaps one day...grumble.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  04:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, we can only hope.... And if not, mayhaps Elaine would write it anyway and post it here. It would mean there would be no deadline, which is something any author would want...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  06:53:45  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem then, even if she were allowed to do it, is that it would have to be unofficial. Whatever happened in it would not have really happened, and likely it could never become official after being posted here. (Mr. Greenwood must have some sort of exception in his contract.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2004 :  15:37:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

The problem then, even if she were allowed to do it, is that it would have to be unofficial.

I just do not see WOTC allowing it to happen even if it was unofficial. No way, no chance, no how.
Go to Top of Page

fiveways mike
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2004 :  00:19:46  Show Profile  Visit fiveways mike's Homepage Send fiveways mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is dreamspheres available in the uk at present or is it out of print.and if so what about the states.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2004 :  02:47:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fiveways mike

is dreamspheres available in the uk at present or is it out of print.and if so what about the states.

Amazon.co.uk lists it as available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786913428/qid=1079837077/sr=1-9/ref=sr_1_11_9/202-2105943-5331022
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  09:20:30  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With all the gimmick novels Wizards of the Coast has been putting out lately for the Realms I fear if we'll see any of the classic FR characters besides Drizzt and Elminster centerstage in novels anymore. :/

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  09:44:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

With all the gimmick novels Wizards of the Coast has been putting out lately for the Realms I fear if we'll see any of the classic FR characters besides Drizzt and Elminster centerstage in novels anymore. :/

Personally, the thought of seeing less Drizzt and Elminster suits me just fine. It's not that I dislike the characters; indeed, I think they are both quite cool.

But I think both of them have had way too much air-time. I'd rather see new tales and new characters instead of seeing the same characters over and over and over.

Besides, Drizzt Do'Urden was never meant to be the lead character, anyway. He was meant to be Wulfgar's sidekick -- and that's the words of RAS.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  17:25:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Gimmick? Do you mean the rogues series, priest series, fighter series, and those characters serious about series?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000