Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms: Modern
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  23:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
One day I hope to run my "Forgotten Realms - Modern" game at GenCon, where most of the gods have been consigned to mythology and the world is on the brink of world war and environmental collapse, thanks to the machinations of Shar. Where one young woman is the destined savior of the Realms, carrying inside her seven burning silver stars of power . . .

If I ran that game, who'd be interested?

Cheers

(Related: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18084)

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  23:54:44  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do like the Modern idea as a diversion. I'm pretty rusty as a player, but I'd definitely be interested in watching. Would you do a webcast with a chatroom for us?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  03:14:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon 277 did a modern Greyhawk... One of the things I particularly remember were the magical fighter planes -- jets with serious amounts of magic layered on them to make them particularly effective combatants.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  11:00:57  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had an idea for a quasi-modern Realms game that I never got to run.

The Twisted Rune had its allies on Earth come to the Realms. Said allies were paramilitary types on a mission to assassinate several Torilian leaders who were warded to the eyeballs against magic but would have little defence against high-powered sniper rifles, machine guns and mundane explosives.

The players had to stop such types with swords and bows.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  15:59:23  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I play?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  18:23:43  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

One day I hope to run my "Forgotten Realms - Modern" game at GenCon, where most of the gods have been consigned to mythology and the world is on the brink of world war and environmental collapse, thanks to the machinations of Shar. Where one young woman is the destined savior of the Realms, carrying inside her seven burning silver stars of power . . .

If I ran that game, who'd be interested?

Cheers

(Related: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18084)

It sounds like fun to me. Now all I have to do is work out some way of attending GenCon on a regular basis.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000