Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Auppenser and a return of Psionics.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  00:19:19  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was reading a bit about about Jhaamdath and Auppenser and I remembered that Auppenser never actually died but was put into a deep sleep by Mystra.

I wonder if we will see a revival of the Deity of Psionics and possibly another city like Jhaamdath. I was actually thinking about doing this in my own campaign. I was thinking about using the lands really close to the original Jhaamdath.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  00:32:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I did my Realmsified warforged, I made a psionic flavor that came from Jhaamdath. The sample one for that article was a priest of Auppenser, who runs a hidden psionics academy that includes regular worship services for Auppenser.

If I was running a Realms campaign, I'd have that guy and other eidelar (psionicists who have put their consciousness in crystalline bodies) working to revive Auppenser. And most of the eidelar date back to Jhaamdath, so they were around when he was active.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2015 :  03:46:07  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

When I did my Realmsified warforged, I made a psionic flavor that came from Jhaamdath. The sample one for that article was a priest of Auppenser, who runs a hidden psionics academy that includes regular worship services for Auppenser.

If I was running a Realms campaign, I'd have that guy and other eidelar (psionicists who have put their consciousness in crystalline bodies) working to revive Auppenser. And most of the eidelar date back to Jhaamdath, so they were around when he was active.

This just seriously gave me a flashbulb-scene type of idea for a campaign. Not really for my present players, but someday.

You gave me this image of a deep, ancient ruin of some Jhaamdath outpost, with half-asleep crystalline psionic entities moving and whispering slowly about the sleeping god. Every so often, a weird psionic magi-tech energy device pulses as if it's been dying for centuries.

In my homebrew Realms, the goddess Murdane was returned to the Realms. I could tie those threads together for something very interesting indeed!

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000