Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Mulmaster's military
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  06:45:57  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does Mulmaster's army/navy have an official name anywhere? I haven't been able to find one... but that doesn't always mean there isn't one.

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  10:06:55  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 5E it appears they are called "the Soldiery".

In earlier editions, I can't see that they've ever been given a name. Best info on them is in Forgotten Realms Adventures with a bit of extra stuff in Polyhedron #60.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  11:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only named part of Mulman army are Hawks - elite unit used mainly for spying and cover ops.
In Cloak&Dagger p.45 you have power structure in Mulmaster - leaders of army are called Battlemasters and there is 8 of them. One have command over Hawks, at least 1-2 will be commanding navy and rest will have land troops. One will probably command city defenses and watch, other will control patrols around the city and the road south (mentions of their patrols as far as Maskyr's Eye). One should have cavalery and last 2-3 will command foot soldiers (1 quartermaster, 1 heavy infantry, 1 conscipts and light infantry). Remember that there is active slave market so they have plenty of cannon fodder available at moment notice. Also they can use Orc mercenaries but I suppose they will not keep them longer than needed. There are wyverns around so they could have some aerial support on those.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000