Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Quintessons from Transformers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  21:44:36  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I hope the title grabbed your attention. For those who don't know what these entities are you can find it here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Quintesson

I'm going to be fleshing out an entity (biological, NOT mechanical) that looks something like this. It will have 5 distinct personalities and will be a demon prince that was merged with other entites, one of which will be from the Far Realm and at least one that has a GOOD alignment (for added chaos and just to mix things up with it).

What I would like some assistance on is fleshing out the individual personalities. I have some ideas, but I'd like to see what my fellow scribes come up with.

1. The good entity may be a cleric and/or paladin who was fighting one of the others before they were merged. But even he (or she) was a passionate person who skirted the line between good and not-so-good behavior at times.

2. A wizard who was a master transmuter and pretty damn good with necromantic magic as well (at least where knowledge of anatomy and how the body functions is concerned).

3. An actual demon (maybe a little know lesser demon lord but at least the power level of a marilith as a minimum) that was summoned during a battle or by the wizard for his experimentation.

4. Some sort of chthulu-esque creature.

5. Open to suggestions here but I'd like something interesting that maybe doesn't fully fit with the other ideas. A tortured victim maybe?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  21:46:37  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The GOOD personality will constantly strive against the others by using psionics (telepathy) it gained from the Far Realm entity to contact and control others to thwart them. But if this thing is attacked, it assists them because, in the end, it doesn't want to die any more than the other personalities want to.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  22:31:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd make #5 some sort of stone-based entity -- something with few biological concerns and an absolute bewilderment for why all the fleshlings are always in such a hurry.

What is the objective with this, and how did these things wind up in one body?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  22:40:45  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was just some random thing that popped into my head so there's no clear objective...yet. I do want it to have the ability to create lesser versions of itself (that's where the wizard who loves to tinker with such things comes in).

As to how, wild magic during the wizard's experimentation maybe. Or maybe he's just crazy enough to do it on purpose. Maybe even a combination of both: He's in the process of creating his greatest 'life form' when a battle ensues and the experiment goes awry...dragging him into it as well (or before he's ready to merge himself). I would love to run a group into this situation (perhaps attempting to save their paladin comrade) only to have them cause the hiccup that merges them altogether before the process could be done properly.

Who knows? I'm still working on the concept (and interrupting my other hombebrew work in the process).

Something else just occurred to me. In my homebrew I have a region that is infested with darkspawn for some unknown reason. Now I'm thinking the wizard has seeded them throughout the region so he has plenty of stock for his experiments.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 26 Oct 2015 22:46:20
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  22:43:23  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, I forgot to respond to your idea. I like the notion of having a non-organic mixed into it. It could give the entity a stony carapace for added AC. What do you think about a galeb-dur? Something else strike you as more interesting?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  23:09:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A galeb dur could work. I just like the idea of this gestalt entity having one mind that's basically alien to all the others, and vice-versa. It seems fun to me, though obviously it may or may not work for you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Oct 2015 23:10:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000