Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Refugee from WotC Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  12:11:46  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all! So this is my very first post in Candlekeep….as a refugee from the soon-to-close WotC Forums. :(

Long story short. Old veteran DM/Player in the late 80s to mid-90s. Then zero D&D for nearly 20 years. Then got excited with 5th Edition last year and returned to D&D gaming again, so of course I had tons of questions (having no experience with 3rd to 4th editions). Naturally, the WotC forums were helpful to me in recent months. And then comes the news that WotC Forums is closing down soon. Where to turn to now? I've been lurking Candlekeep for the past few weeks, and so hoping that I'll fit in here. So far been mostly playing in local AL games since Tyranny of Dragons, but have been prepping in recent months to be a DM again… in a Forgotten Realms campaign, of course!

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  13:06:09  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you'll find people here just as helpful (and a bit more feisty)

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  13:40:34  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More feisty? Oh dear. I'm allergic to feisty. I should stock up on Benadryl then.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  14:02:37  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  14:27:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

I'm sort of a refugee from the WotC forums, myself -- I came here when they banned me, many moons back. I've not looked back.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Sep 2015 14:28:37
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  16:07:51  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

VikingLegion
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  16:58:19  Show Profile Send VikingLegion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Moonbeast. I'm somewhat new here as well, and I've found this site to be a wealth of information and good discussion. You wouldn't believe how knowledgeable some of these learned scribes are. So ask away, someone will be sure to help you.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2015 :  02:19:11  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome! Good to have you around. If there's anything you need, feel free to ask. Don't mind the occasional Statler and Waldorf chatter around the halls. As others have said, we're all mostly harmless.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000