Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Who is the current King's Lord of Arabel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  07:25:35  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello Scribes,

I was wondering if anybody knows who the current King's Lord of Arabel is?

There is no mention of him or her in any of Ed Greenwood's recent novels set in Cormyr.

I am hoping someone who is familiar with the work of Erin M. Evans can tell me if anything she's written recently has the name for this particular King's Lord.

Thanks very much in advance for your attention and any help you can provide.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  02:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do have some passing familiarity with the subject, and to date, no canon King's Lord (or Lady Lord) of Arabel has been established.

Fire in the Blood does mention a Lord Kraliqh of Arabel, but that's referring to the head of House Kraliqh, who live in Arabel, not the king's lord of the city (who in any case would have been called by a given rather than a surname).
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  03:09:09  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Brian.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

wannabesuperman
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  20:42:52  Show Profile  Visit wannabesuperman's Homepage Send wannabesuperman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a Burgomaster Morte in Arabel according to CORM 1-1: The Black Knight of Arabel.

"What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and The American Way?" --Clark Kent, Daily Planet. January 2001
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  22:08:15  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Arabel presently has a German mayor? Sigh.

Edited by - Eilserus on 13 Sep 2015 22:08:27
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  23:46:43  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Burghers have long been leaders in Western Heartlands settlements.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  02:27:22  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wannabesuperman

There is a Burgomaster Morte in Arabel according to CORM 1-1: The Black Knight of Arabel.
I can definitively say that the events and depictions in the LFR CORM series are not canon. I say this as a designer and the "Cormyr guy" for the Realms. These adventures didn't inform the post-Spellplague writing for Cormyr (including both Ed's and Erin's novels) in any meaningful way.

Yes, I know that the promise when Living Forgotten Realms rolled out for 4E was that the adventures would be canon, and that the design team would be vetting their material to make sure that they both lined up with and did not obstruct future lore. That promise was not fulfilled.

Even so, Burgomaster More is supposed to be an assistant running a quarter of Arabel. He's not cast as the lord of the city.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000