Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arborhome ((most probably) NOT CANON)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  18:02:39  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is Arborhome a canon location? I found it on this map: http://www.raflar.com/fantasyrpg/map-thenorth.swf
but can't seem to find other references to it.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 25 Jun 2015 13:08:54

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  19:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No.

That's clearly a map of the 1e-3e timescale, and there's no mention of it in any sourcebook through the end of 3e. It also doesn't exist in 4e, at least by my cursory examination of the 4e map.

It's either an invented location for that group's campaign, or very unlikely, a location from a Dungeon adventure. But since I can't find any mention of it via google either, I'd say it's invented.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2015 :  23:53:14  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. It's just that apart from several typos the map seemed canon to me so I got in doubt.Thanks again.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2015 :  13:29:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, not canon. The nearest canon location to that would be Xilizar's glade, and thats just slightly NE of that locale.

In fact, if thats supposed to be an elven settlement, its nearly smack-dab in the middle of Gairackdar - an orcish realm (which IS canon).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2015 :  18:08:26  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Nope, not canon. The nearest canon location to that would be Xilizar's glade, and thats just slightly NE of that locale.

In fact, if thats supposed to be an elven settlement, its nearly smack-dab in the middle of Gairackdar - an orcish realm (which IS canon).

I haven't heard of either of those. They part of your semi-secret project with George and Eric?

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2015 :  03:42:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually thought Xilizar's Glade was old canon, but I just checked and I don't see it on any older maps of the High Forest, so perhaps it is new (as in 'secret project', not as in '5e').

Gairackdar is old canon. Not sure where it appears, but it has to do with the current occupants of Lothen (Orcs). Probably LEoF is the first place I'd look.*

*Just checked - the lore is there (pg.92), but not the name 'Gairackdar', so that is either new, or from an even older source (like The North or Savage Frontier).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2015 :  01:42:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gairackdar the name is new. Not canon. Yet.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 27 Jun 2015 01:43:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000