Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looks like we won't be getting a FRCG for 5th.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  22:54:29  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Delete Topic
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?436914-Chris-Perkins-Reintroducing-Settings-in-Ways-that-Surprise-People

I'm surprised by how clueless they are to be honest.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2015 :  23:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message
Started talking about this over here. But yeah, I'm not comfortable with the "I'm not going to promise it's going to be a book" aspect. I want something physical I can hold. I don't care if it's a deck of trivia cards about the current Realms (though I'd prefer not,) but I don't want a digital only. At least give me a pdf I can legally take to Kinko's and print out the whole thing.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  00:25:32  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message
OMGI am finding this hard to believe!And very sad as well.
But that's ok because my Gray Box and I can make it just fine!

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!

Edited by - froglegg on 04 Apr 2015 00:29:50
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  00:43:18  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?436914-Chris-Perkins-Reintroducing-Settings-in-Ways-that-Surprise-People

I'm surprised by how clueless they are to be honest.

Any mentions about novels in that interview?
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  00:54:29  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message
not really no.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  02:41:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

But yeah, I'm not comfortable with the "I'm not going to promise it's going to be a book" aspect. I want something physical I can hold. I don't care if it's a deck of trivia cards about the current Realms (though I'd prefer not,) but I don't want a digital only. At least give me a pdf I can legally take to Kinko's and print out the whole thing.

While they've not promised a book, they've not said they're not doing one, either.

I really wish people would stop coming to the most negative conclusion.

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Started talking about this over here.

Indeed. And as we already have a discussion in progress on this topic, I will close this thread and direct further commentary to the one Delwa so kindly linked to.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000