Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Can Warforged get high?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sciencederp
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  05:21:44  Show Profile Send sciencederp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Strange question, I know, but it's important for a one-shot "dream sequence" I am running soon. The adventurers hallucinate on a special herb but one of the players is a warforged. Are warforged immune to the effects of drugs?

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  05:39:19  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
War forged are not immune to magic, if I recall correctly.

Maybe you can bypass the issue by making the herb magical.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 06 Mar 2015 07:40:05
Go to Top of Page

Aldrick
Senior Scribe

909 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  06:26:10  Show Profile Send Aldrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jeremy, this can probably be bypassed with the hand wave 'it's magic!'

Outside of that, I would rule that warforged beings cannot be intoxicated whether through alcohol or drugs, due to the fact that they lack biological functions.

When handling this specific issue, I would alter the narration slightly for the warforged PC, giving them a very specific 'warforged' version of the effects of the magical drug.

Alternatively, you may want to run with the fact that the player is a warforged, and just say the character is not impacted at all. I actually think this might be the best route to go, as it acknowledges the unique non-biological nature of the PC.

I am not sure how Warforged actually work canonically, as they are from Eberron, but this would be my ruling and how I handle it.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  07:33:41  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aldrick

Alternatively, you may want to run with the fact that the player is a warforged, and just say the character is not impacted at all. I actually think this might be the best route to go, as it ackn kowledges the unique non-biological nature of the PC.
This. Such differences between the races are what makes them feel distinct and unique, not just humans with different stat bonus when all differences that should matter are handwaved away for sake of plot.

Make it so that the warforged immunity to the hallucinogen matters and is essential to the plot.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  07:42:00  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The war forged could have to protect the PCs physical bodies while they are tripping...er, I mean passed out.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 06 Mar 2015 07:42:23
Go to Top of Page

sciencederp
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  12:22:03  Show Profile Send sciencederp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll probably go the magic herb route and let the player decide if they want to be immune. Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2015 :  14:06:37  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The more important question is how many bags of Funyuns could a warforged consume while high?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000