Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Can Warforged get high?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sciencederp Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 05:21:44
Strange question, I know, but it's important for a one-shot "dream sequence" I am running soon. The adventurers hallucinate on a special herb but one of the players is a warforged. Are warforged immune to the effects of drugs?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 14:06:37
The more important question is how many bags of Funyuns could a warforged consume while high?
sciencederp Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 12:22:03
I'll probably go the magic herb route and let the player decide if they want to be immune. Thank you all.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 07:42:00
The war forged could have to protect the PCs physical bodies while they are tripping...er, I mean passed out.

Mirtek Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 07:33:41
quote:
Originally posted by Aldrick

Alternatively, you may want to run with the fact that the player is a warforged, and just say the character is not impacted at all. I actually think this might be the best route to go, as it ackn kowledges the unique non-biological nature of the PC.
This. Such differences between the races are what makes them feel distinct and unique, not just humans with different stat bonus when all differences that should matter are handwaved away for sake of plot.

Make it so that the warforged immunity to the hallucinogen matters and is essential to the plot.
Aldrick Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 06:26:10
I agree with Jeremy, this can probably be bypassed with the hand wave 'it's magic!'

Outside of that, I would rule that warforged beings cannot be intoxicated whether through alcohol or drugs, due to the fact that they lack biological functions.

When handling this specific issue, I would alter the narration slightly for the warforged PC, giving them a very specific 'warforged' version of the effects of the magical drug.

Alternatively, you may want to run with the fact that the player is a warforged, and just say the character is not impacted at all. I actually think this might be the best route to go, as it acknowledges the unique non-biological nature of the PC.

I am not sure how Warforged actually work canonically, as they are from Eberron, but this would be my ruling and how I handle it.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 06 Mar 2015 : 05:39:19
War forged are not immune to magic, if I recall correctly.

Maybe you can bypass the issue by making the herb magical.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000