Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Historical/Past maps of Toril?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arravis
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2015 :  23:30:19  Show Profile  Visit Arravis's Homepage Send Arravis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone has compiled a list of sources for maps set in the past eras of Toril? I know of course of the maps in Lost Empires, Grand History of the Realms, and the Arcane Age books, but I was hoping for a bit more if any was available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Arravis

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  00:29:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Ol'Grey Box there is a map of Cormyr and the Dales c.112 DR (the Year of the Tusk). Similarly, on the fold-out map for the old FR13 Anauroch accessory, there is an inset map showing the Netherese survivor states (Asram, Anauria and Hlondath). That's about all the old time maps that I'm aware of.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  01:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 2008 I wrote a web article on the history of the Moonshaes which included a map of the Sword Coast circa -11,000 DR.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080927023810/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080110

Note: You'll have to copy & paste the full URL into your browser to get the page to load

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  04:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't there a map of "old" Myth Drannor beside "new" Myth Drannor in the Old Grey Box, or perhaps the Gold Box update? Or am I misremembering? I recall a TSR staffer (Dave Sutherland) showing us the two maps at a Milwaukee-era GenCon, but I don't recall if they were from an official published product, or something printed up just for the con, and I'm away from my collection now.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  04:48:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and the maps were re-printed in the Ruins of Myth Dranmnor boxed set. The maps are exactly the same save that one shows what building areas survived the attack of the Army of Darkness (i.e. weren't reduced to rubble) and which did not.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Arravis
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  05:22:36  Show Profile  Visit Arravis's Homepage Send Arravis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent... I supposed no one happens to have a map of the Cold Lands (Vaasa/Damara) pre-great-glacier but post Tearfall cataclysm? Or at least an idea of what the area might have been like? I'm looking specifically a -2600 DR or so, after the fall Ostoria but before the formation of the Great Glacier. I'm having my campaign "relive" the foundation of the Delhalls in Vaasa and I'm trying to get a feel for what Vaasa was like pre-glacier in that time. Again, thanks for all the help guys!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  09:19:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never been an official map of what you are seeking and I'm not aware of any fan-made effort in this regard.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  22:34:38  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Northern Journey project folks did a version of the pre-Glacier Cold Lands. Probably not 100% canon, as it incorporates a lot of their own lore, but it makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

Arravis
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2015 :  19:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Arravis's Homepage Send Arravis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've gone to the NJ website and dug around... no luck. I've written the site manager as well, but no response yet. Do you happen to know where on the site it could be found?
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  11:35:38  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.candlekeep.com/campaign/nj_main.htm

Mayhap it might be here?

Otherwise go to the yahoo group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NJDiscussion/info

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000