Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Historical/Past maps of Toril?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arravis Posted - 17 Feb 2015 : 23:30:19
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone has compiled a list of sources for maps set in the past eras of Toril? I know of course of the maps in Lost Empires, Grand History of the Realms, and the Arcane Age books, but I was hoping for a bit more if any was available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Arravis
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazedventurers Posted - 20 Feb 2015 : 11:35:38
http://www.candlekeep.com/campaign/nj_main.htm

Mayhap it might be here?

Otherwise go to the yahoo group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NJDiscussion/info

Cheers

Damian
Arravis Posted - 19 Feb 2015 : 19:20:55
I've gone to the NJ website and dug around... no luck. I've written the site manager as well, but no response yet. Do you happen to know where on the site it could be found?
Thauramarth Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 22:34:38
The Northern Journey project folks did a version of the pre-Glacier Cold Lands. Probably not 100% canon, as it incorporates a lot of their own lore, but it makes sense.
George Krashos Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 09:19:01
Never been an official map of what you are seeking and I'm not aware of any fan-made effort in this regard.

-- George Krashos
Arravis Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 05:22:36
Excellent... I supposed no one happens to have a map of the Cold Lands (Vaasa/Damara) pre-great-glacier but post Tearfall cataclysm? Or at least an idea of what the area might have been like? I'm looking specifically a -2600 DR or so, after the fall Ostoria but before the formation of the Great Glacier. I'm having my campaign "relive" the foundation of the Delhalls in Vaasa and I'm trying to get a feel for what Vaasa was like pre-glacier in that time. Again, thanks for all the help guys!
George Krashos Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 04:48:24
Yes, and the maps were re-printed in the Ruins of Myth Dranmnor boxed set. The maps are exactly the same save that one shows what building areas survived the attack of the Army of Darkness (i.e. weren't reduced to rubble) and which did not.

-- George Krashos
Malcolm Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 04:01:16
Wasn't there a map of "old" Myth Drannor beside "new" Myth Drannor in the Old Grey Box, or perhaps the Gold Box update? Or am I misremembering? I recall a TSR staffer (Dave Sutherland) showing us the two maps at a Milwaukee-era GenCon, but I don't recall if they were from an official published product, or something printed up just for the con, and I'm away from my collection now.
Brian R. James Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 01:00:40
In 2008 I wrote a web article on the history of the Moonshaes which included a map of the Sword Coast circa -11,000 DR.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080927023810/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080110

Note: You'll have to copy & paste the full URL into your browser to get the page to load
George Krashos Posted - 18 Feb 2015 : 00:29:15
In the Ol'Grey Box there is a map of Cormyr and the Dales c.112 DR (the Year of the Tusk). Similarly, on the fold-out map for the old FR13 Anauroch accessory, there is an inset map showing the Netherese survivor states (Asram, Anauria and Hlondath). That's about all the old time maps that I'm aware of.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000