Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Elemental Evil Update
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  23:31:28  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looks like there's some new information posted on the website: http://dnd.wizards.com/elemental-evil

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2015 :  23:52:27  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Threaten to annihilate the Sword Coast" ... so much for moving away from RSEs. It's clear now in my mind that there will be no 5E FRCS book. The Realms have gone the way of Greyhawk and are now slave to organized play adventure modules - which are no doubt fun for those who participate, but totally ludicrous from a campaign setting perspective. Put a fork in the Realms, they are done.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  00:28:04  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if the Sword Coast is where all the future adventures will take place (one wouldn't think so). Or if the next one would be set in say the Dalelands etc. so we see different areas of the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  00:34:50  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they are going to release adventures that will played both through P&P and the MMORPG, then they'll stay in the Sword Coast until the PC game will be extended to cover other areas of the FR (assuming that it's going to happen).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  09:04:49  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are also online petitions begging WotC to have one or two Organised Play campaigns set in other campaign settings. Stumbled across one with a lot of signatures asking for one in Eberron.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  09:21:01  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like people are so starved for anything they will settle for almost nothing (which from my point of view these adventures are worth almost nothing to me).

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of WoTC and they do the decent thing and sell DnD to a group of people that actually play the game (or indeed have at least vaguely heard about it) and therefore understand it better.

It would appear i am in rant mode again.

Generic crud filling up the replacement for my favourite campaign setting irks me no end.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  12:16:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've passed on all the recent 'FR' products. I want realmslore and those products contain none I couldn't make up
myself if I had a spare 5 minutes.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2015 :  12:51:41  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yeah, I've passed on all the recent 'FR' products. I want realmslore and those products contain none I couldn't make up
myself if I had a spare 5 minutes.

-- George Krashos

George you would have to be having a very, very bad day to make up something as shallow as the first two products and then claim it contained any "realmslore"

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page