Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ankhapur and Psionics
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  04:07:33  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I just finished reading in "Empires of the Shining Sea" that Ankhapur is a surviving Jhaamdath colony.

Would this not mean the city should have an abundance of those talented and mastery over the Invisible Art, considering Jhaamdath's history? If any place in the Realms Above deserved a large city as a home for psionicists, this place seems ideal.

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  07:43:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started to go off on a thing about it needing to be a secret because if it wasn't, then it would be a target... but I dig it. Ankhapur has a different situation than, say, Mistledale or Phlan or some other small community surrounded by large hostile armies. It's more isolated, and less vulnerable. Even if it were well-known that psions dwell there, the fact that we haven't seen anything definitive in sourcebooks is easily explained by WotC's "don't touch it with a ten foot pole" approach to psionics in the Realms.

I like psionics, and my "ears" always perk up when someone talks about bringing them to prominence somewhere in the Realms. So I say go for it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000