Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What is the Tethyr Curse?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2014 :  18:39:38  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I wish there was a website, or someplace here at Candlekeep, that had Forgotten Realms lore from the novels. I feel like I am missing so much by not reading dozens of novels.

I came upon mention of a "Tethyr Curse" and I don't know anything about other than it is from the novel "BLACKSTAFF."

Can someone tell me what it is?

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2014 :  20:04:25  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'tethyr curse' is the notion that bad things happen to tethyrian nobles who stay too long in Waterdeep. It's not a curse per se, but history shows a whole hell of a lot of them who've met their fates in the City of Splendors.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  01:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

The 'tethyr curse' is the notion that bad things happen to tethyrian nobles who stay too long in Waterdeep. It's not a curse per se, but history shows a whole hell of a lot of them who've met their fates in the City of Splendors.

Specifically those of royal or noble lineages from Tethyr. There's details among the histories both in CITY OF SPLENDORS (the 1993 boxed set) and LANDS OF INTRIGUE.

Steven
who wonders if George & Eric shouldn't wrestle with some of those leftover lorebits some time.....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2014 :  02:32:52  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Steven
who wonders if George & Eric shouldn't wrestle with some of those leftover lorebits some time.....

Yes please!

...but only if they promise to leave us with just as many new bits of lore to ponder.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000