Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Damnit, I want Lantan back
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gustaveren
Learned Scribe

Denmark
197 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2015 :  23:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Gustaveren's Homepage Send Gustaveren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I too wish Lantan back. I'd prefer if it wasn't outright steampunk, but I wouldn't really mind it. Some ''magi-tech'' would also add a nice touch, IMO.

A poster here (Diffan maybe, I can't remember now) turned Lantan into an Atlantis-like area (advanced underwater city protected by a sort of dome) in order to explain its survival to the flooding that hit with the Spellplague. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they used this an explanation for how the island came back.

I hate steampunk and the 2 biggest issues i have with Golarion is the gunpowder tech in the mana wastes and the crashed space ship in numeria.

Nevertheless, i have to say i do like this atlantis idea with an underwater dome having protected some enclaves of Lantan. Well, I have wanted to run some aquatic adventures and it is a nice respect for the ancient FR lore if some parts of Lantan survived via some gond inspired aquatic dome.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2015 :  02:34:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gustaveren

Well, I have wanted to run some aquatic adventures and it is a nice respect for the ancient FR lore if some parts of Lantan survived via some gond inspired aquatic dome.

If you're looking for underwater or aquatic adventures in the Realms... there is already a sub-setting present in the form of Seros, as detailed admirably by Steven Schend in the 2e Sea of Fallen Stars tome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gustaveren
Learned Scribe

Denmark
197 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2015 :  09:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Gustaveren's Homepage Send Gustaveren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Gustaveren

Well, I have wanted to run some aquatic adventures and it is a nice respect for the ancient FR lore if some parts of Lantan survived via some gond inspired aquatic dome.

If you're looking for underwater or aquatic adventures in the Realms... there is already a sub-setting present in the form of Seros, as detailed admirably by Steven Schend in the 2e Sea of Fallen Stars tome.

Yeah i know, but it could some more material and it would be different types of aquatic adventures if it was seros or Lantan as an aquatic dome city with some nearby atlantis inspired ruins.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2015 :  15:46:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
actually, what I would find more interesting would be that Lantan transferred to Abeir, and a sunken city from Abeir transferred to Toril..... and no one knew until the sundering, when Lantan returned and the two cultures begin to interact. You could have the undersea culture truly undersea (they may not even be humanoid.... for some reason the octopoid Tako come to mind), with the Lantanese using submersibles and/or tunnels from the surface to interact with the other culture. Not sure where I'd take it, but that opens up some possibilities that don't exactly mirror what's been done with Seros.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000