Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Good Business - Amn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  03:27:52  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I love the Amn region, its magnificent. Its a realm where people love to make money. In the end of the day all an Amnian cares about when dealing with others is how much money they have. Nobles are not considered nobles unless they keep making money and spend it on parties. In Amn work makes you noble, not birth.
I love the feel of the Americas. Sadly there is not too much about Amn and its capital city, Athkatla. That has gold and parties.
In Land of Intrigues it was a Spanish-Italian-Portugese based area where the people are good at business and see money making as a virtuous act. And was described as pretty good. Later they kinda stooped to the "the rich merchant are evil expliotres" and suddenly the place became worse with no particular explanation.
Also there is the Bualdar's Gate video game series which depeicts Amn in a bad way, which is very odd since all those sentiments came out of nowhere.

Did anyone ever campaign in Amn? Or does anyone know refrences of Amn other then Lands of Intregue or the Realms guides?

Knowledge is Power

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  03:41:41  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Xal, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you persisted in alienating many of the most senior and respected scribes here with your intransigence. I would not be surprised if nobody bothers to respond to any of your further posts unless you change your attitude. You asked for peoples opinion and then shot them down with bad spelling, grammar and logic. Furthermore, a search of these forums yields two pages of lore with Amn in their title.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 16 Oct 2014 03:43:34
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  03:57:51  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked and did not find those pages. secondly you did not give me facts, you merely gave your BIASED assertion on what might happen asserted as fact. I care not for opinions grounded in nothing. I would be very glad if those people would not respond, filtering the shaft so to speak.

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  04:15:34  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh ive seen the other threads, needed to change the search criteria, tnx.

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  04:18:15  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh i found the other threads, had to change my search criteria. still dont say much though. thanks though.

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000