Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Daggerford!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dungeondude
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2014 :  03:26:03  Show Profile Send dungeondude a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Howdy there!

My Waterdeep campaign launched for my wife and a few close friends, having a ball!

Starting something up for a group who asked me to run something for them, so I'm using Daggerford.

So, would you consider Scourge of the Sword Coast, the most recent information regarding Daggerford?

I ask, simply because I find conflicting things on the web. I BELIEVE, this may be caused by a computer game?

For example, SOTSC has Duke Maldwyn Daggerford, being the man in charge. BUT, I've found things which state there are silver ore mines running, the Daggerford Duke was killed, and that waters are now polluted around the city because of smelting.

IF anyone could "part the fog" for me about these resources, greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Dungeon Dude

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2014 :  13:06:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyd would be your 'go-to guy' for all things Daggerford - I happen to know he knows more about the place then most of us know about our hometowns. Try asking him in his thread.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6651 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  02:41:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're running your campaign in the 4E timeline (i.e. post-Spellplague) then the core FR books and Scourge of the Sword Coast is as much information as you are going to get.

As Markustay alludes, if you want to play Daggerford in the 1350s DR, then Eric Boyd has re-jigged the "Under Illefarn" old 2E adventure into a grand campaign/sourcebook. It's not publicly available at this time as he wants to see if there is any prospect of an "official" WotC release down the track.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  02:53:40  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Eric Boyd has re-jigged the "Under Illefarn" old 2E adventure into a grand campaign/sourcebook. It's not publicly available at this time as he wants to see if there is any prospect of an "official" WotC release down the track.

10/10 would buy.
Go to Top of Page

dungeondude
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  03:11:16  Show Profile Send dungeondude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read Erics thread, he is freaking awesome!

Thank you all for throwing me some insight! Much appreciated!!!!

Dungeon Dude
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000