Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lupincopse
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  20:19:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is a site located on the northern edge of The Westwood (over near Waterdeep and the Sword Mountains). I found it on the FRIA maps, and I had added it to one of my maps - at the time I researched it and found what it was...

And stupidly forgot to write it down in my geography notes (which are extensive, and yet still seem to be missing so many things I've found over the years, dammit).

Anyone have any clue what it is and where I can find the info? IIRC, it was in something either in Dragon or Dungeon magazines. Its actually three separate sites within one locale, making it even more intriguing. The only other thing I think I recall (and I could very well be way-off) is that there is an estate there connected to Waterdeep nobles. I forgot how I found it the first time (Eric Boyd?), and an internet search turns up nothing.

On the bright side, while looking for it in old Dungeon Magazine FR adventures, I found FOUR sites I did not have before, including a HUGE statue-temple to Talos! Oh glorious day!

The others were two more towns and the name of a previously unnamed forest NE of The Moonwood. I do so love discovering 'buried lore'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Oct 2014 23:35:44

Xar
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  21:15:33  Show Profile Send Xar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try Stardock adventure it's a character reward at the end.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  23:28:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW - would have never looked there.

Thank you.

EDIT: Nice!!! There were also separate names for each of the sites within the locale.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Oct 2014 23:36:13
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  02:47:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice pick-up Xar.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Xar
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  09:08:46  Show Profile Send Xar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your welcome, though i should thank you as after many years of lurking it galvanised me in to signing up. I may finally now ask some of the questions i've wanted answering for years

Edited by - Xar on 04 Oct 2014 09:09:18
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  14:03:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember before there was a Candlekeep, how many questions I had. After decades, not all of them have been answered. Some haven't even been asked! That's the great joy of the Realms - it always has more to give. So ask away, and see where the answers take you. Welcome to the 'Keep.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  15:07:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bizarre thing about the Realms is that its one of the few subjects where I actually forget more stuff stuff then I know - there is just SO MUCH OF IT!!!

Not a day goes by since I've been an FR-junkie (as opposed to just an 'Realms DM' which I was originally) that I don't find out at least one new thing (and usually more like a dozen). I know how RW archaeologists feel like!

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  16:34:17  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Markus... I've forgotten more than I know. I'm constantly wondering about something, starting to ask a question on here, thinking "that has totally been answered somewhere; there's no way that this has never been answered" and then not asking it. Or, the times when I do ask something, I sound dumb. Fortunately, THO and Eric and George and others here are built of knowledge and patience. Billions of little knowledge molecules.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000